X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rusty1066
    • Jan 2006

NAD Masters Series processor / amplifier

Hi all,

I am looking for a pre-processor / amp combo with an eye for quality Stereo sound as well as surround sound.

My local retailer has recommended I check out the NAD Masters Series products (M15 processor, M25 amp) but doesn't have any in stock to demo yet.

An alternative at a similar price would be the Rotel 1098 processor & amp.

I would welcome any thoughts / observations / recommendations anyone might have, having listened to these products.

Cheers!
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Rusty1066,

Welcome to HT Guide.

I do not personally own a NAD product, but they seem to be rated pretty well from what I have heard, so not a bad choice.

A few questions:

1) What is your budget?

2) What is your percentage of stereo to HT listening?

Here is one recommendation.

1) RSP-1068-Pre-pro
    2) RMB-1075-powering the center and surrounds
    3) RB-1080-powering the fronts
    4) RC-1070-stereo amp (RC-1090 is a better choice, but more expensive)

I'm sure others will chime in here.

Best regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Rusty1066
      • Jan 2006

Thanks for your reply Azeke.

I haven't really decided on a budget, I am still trying to ascertain what cost will buy a level of performance I am satisfied with. (As a guide, the RRPs for the NAD pre-pro and amp are $4000 Australian each. The total RRP for the Rotel gear you recommend would come to about $6340 AU).

My stereo to HT listening ratio is probably about 60/40.

I am basically building a system from scratch, and I'll probably only get one chance of doing this every decade or so under the watchful eye of she-who-must-be-obeyed. So its important to get it right first time!

I started taking stereo performance seriously when I heard a pair of B&W 704s run with Electrocompaniet electronics and noticed detail and a stereo image that blew me away - but with one room to play with decided it would be best to try for a HT system that can do a good job with stereo. I listened to a pair run off a Rotel RSX-1067 receiver. The sound was exciting and involving but without that immaculate soundstage.

Your recommended system seems to cover both in that it includes a dedicated stereo setup aswell as home theatre. In (HT mode) do you wire the 1068 preouts -> RC1070 -> RB1080 -> Mains?

I guess that begs the question: should I consider a CD player in addition to a DVD player? Are there DVD players out there that can match one for CD playback? The reviews I've read of Denon's 3910 suggest it is decent in stereo.

What do you think?

Regards,

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"