X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pramod
    • Dec 2005

Adding Stereo Preamp to Ht Setup

Hello Dear Friends,

Please forgive me if this question is a dumb question. I have Rotel RMB 1075 5 channel power amp with RSP 966 5.1 processor. and NAD Pre 162 stereo pre amp. I'm not quite happy with the stereo performance of my RSP 966 in two channel stereo mode. So I'm planning to add my NAD pre 162 to my 1075-power amp to get the best stereo enhancement. but the problem is how do I do it...? I do not like anything in between my source 162 to 1075. (Like an AV 2 input to 1 output switch or routing the pre 162 via 966 to power amp (if that is possibel ) or something like that) please help in getting the best way of connection to use my stereo pre amp 162 with 1075 without addaing anything inbetween them. in my existing hometheatre setup.
    I thank you all in advance for your time, I really appreaciate any or all the help/advises.
    Last edited by pramod; 24 October 2006, 16:38 Tuesday. Reason: Mistakes
  • Kal Rubinson
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2006

Does the 162 have an HT-bypass input?

Kal
    Kal Rubinson

Comment

• pramod
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Kal Rubinson
      Does the 162 have an HT-bypass input?

Kal
      Greetings Kal,

unfortunately I did not see anything like that on the 162, I'm pasting this link for your further reference http://nadelectronics.com/products/h...mplifier/specs

can I use a "T" type RCA input connector which will take two input sources one from HT processor and one from pre 162, and make sure that one input is completely off while other is active....???? please help me kal.

Comment

• alebonau
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Oct 2005

just check my post in this thread pramod

wihtout a htbypass on yoru nad you can jsut do the same as whakhana ended up doing
        "Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Comment

• pramod
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by alebonau
          just check my post in this thread pramod

wihtout a htbypass on yoru nad you can jsut do the same as whakhana ended up doing
          Hello Dear alebonau,

I really thank you very very much for the solution. ;x( I will do that this weekend and enjoy my 162 for stereo.

Thx again and God Bless.

Comment

• wkhanna
            Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

Spend a little time with an SPL meter to calibrate your pre-amp volume level to match in HT/Multi-Ch mode. I use an adhesive backed little white arrow to identify the volume level on the pre-amp when I use it in HT/Multi-Ch mode.

And I would advise you use appropriate quality I/C's, too. If you need new ones for your hook-up, I use Doug's, from Cat Cable, and highly recommend them.

Best of luck, and best of both worlds to you!
            _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
            ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"