Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • meb46
    • Jul 2010

NAD M22 (Version 2) - Exciting stuff

I see NAD have gone and launched a V2 version of the M22 Power Amplifier... looks pretty exciting, and this could be the deciding update that convinces me to purchase one...

"CES Las Vegas, NV, January 9, 2018 — NAD Electronics, the highly regarded manufacturer of high-performance audio/video components, launched a new and improved stereo Masters Series amplifier, the M22 V2, that delivers a 20% increase in power to 300 watts per channel. The new Masters amp also features a bridging switch that transforms it into a 900-watt mono behemoth.
    In addition, the M22 V2 now has a 3-position input sensitivity switch that controls the auto turn-on sensitivity, allowing for better matching to each individual system. Even with the increase in power and features, the price of the M22 V2 remains at $2999 U.S. MSRP with January delivery."

Key Features of the NAD Masters M22 V2:
    Power increases 20% from 250 Watts X 2 to 300 Watts X 2
    Redesigned power supply enables the increase in power
    NAD’s PowerDrive circuit maximizes dynamic power
    Bridging mode transforms M22 V2 into a 900W mono amplifier
    nCore™ technology by Hypex delivers near ideal amplifier performance
    3 position auto turn-on sensitivity switch allows for improved system matching

But wait... there is more to the increase in power stated above... and extract from the NAD website...

"Employing the latest generation of digital PowerDrive™, the M22 offers a minimum of 300W per channel with amazing reserves of dynamic power at lower impedances. The M22 is capable of >400W dynamic power per channel even in 8 ohms, >700W in 4 Ohms, and 1,000W in 2 ohms. Need more power? Select Bridge Mode and the M22 offers 950W at 8 Ohms in Mono. It can effortlessly power any loudspeaker to live performance levels with amazing efficiency and low power consumption. Control for PowerDrive is derived by sensing the average output power, applying a time constant, and then cleanly hard clipping the signal thus limiting it to the rated continuous clipping power over a sustained loading. By controlling the power envelope maximum clean power is obtained for every operating condition."

Right, now where is that Singapore distributor... early 2018 splurge????

The M22 is using the latest nCore™ amplifier technology licensed from Hypex to provide a nearly ideal amplifier with distortion below measurement, ultra-high damping factor, and unconditional stability with any speaker. Tight, detailed sound with amazing control and transparency gets the best performance available.
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

There was an issue where the parentheses in the thread title were triggering ZB Block... that should be fixed now.

Comment

• Carl V
      • Apr 2005

Have you looked into the latest B&O Ice Edge modules 1200as?

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2006

Bridged M22? NAD provided me with custom cabling to permit bridging on the original M22 and the result was quite impressive.
        Kal Rubinson

Comment

• meb46
          • Jul 2010

Kevin P - Many thanks... was somewhat baffled by the error.

Cheers

Comment

• JonMarsh
            Mad Max Moderator
            • Aug 2000

Neat stuff, as an owner of the original. Best amp I have, next to the Halcro DM68’s. Adding official bridged mono support was a good move!
            the AudioWorx
            Natalie P
            M8ta
            Modula Neo DCC
            Modula MT XE
            Modula Xtreme
            Isiris
            Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
            Minerva Monitor
            Calliope
            Ardent D

In Development...
            Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
            Obi-Wan
            Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
            Modula PWB
            Calliope CC Supreme
            Natalie P Ultra
            Natalie P Supreme
            Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
            Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• augerpro
              Super Senior Member
              • Aug 2006

What nCore amps are they using?
              ~Brandon 8O
              Please donate to my Waveguides for CNC and 3D Printing Project!!
              Please donate to my Monster Box Construction Methods Project!!
              DriverVault
              Soma Sonus

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2006

The Masters Series M22 is based on a version of Hypex Electronics' model NC400 NCore amplifier module that has been customized for NAD.
                Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/...WH6Oz1EMOC4.99
                Kal Rubinson

Comment

• meb46
                  • Jul 2010

Happy to confirm, a NAD M22 V2 was added to my set-up as of late last week. Very happy thus far, and will update as I gain listening hours. Will try to get some top-off shots in the coming days so we can make some comparisons to V1.

Comment

• devotionaltom
                    • Aug 2019

Originally posted by meb46
                    Happy to confirm, a NAD M22 V2 was added to my set-up as of late last week. Very happy thus far, and will update as I gain listening hours. Will try to get some top-off shots in the coming days so we can make some comparisons to V1.
                    Hello. Curious to see what your thoughts are on the V2 vs V1. Your input is greatly appreciated!

Best regards

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"