X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raymate
    • Jan 2006

Prices in Canada (Toronto) moving from UK

Moving to Canada soon and need to get new kit, but looking at website for Canadian HiFi stores does not show much in the way of prices.

Being in the UK I need to try and work out my budget that I need to take with me.

In March I'm going out to get Speakers and HiFi system support sorted out, so need to know the prices for B&W 600 series speaker in Canada.

And what makes of supports are on sale.

Also if anyone can point me to good but cheap websites or stores in TO please, that would be great

Sorry if in wrong section, newbie alert!!!!

Cheers

Ray
    Denon AVC-A1SE / Mission / REL / Lots of Russ Andrews Stuff / Van Den Hul / Audioquest / Chord / Kimber / Marantz CD7300 / Pioneer DVL-919E / Sony JA333ES / iPod nano / iPod colour 4G / D-777 / D-250 / D-88 / Various MD Players
  • Sim reality
    • Aug 2005

The B&W website has prices if you click "your needs" and also a dealer finder. Standard discount you can expect to get at the dealers is 20% from the prices on the website

Comment

• george_k
      • Jan 2004

Goto bwspeakers.com and select country as canada this will give you a rough indication of how much speakers will cost. Most dealers will give you between a 5 - 15% discount depending on what you buy. Mine usually subtracts 15% from the before tax total.

Comment

• Raymate
        • Jan 2006

Thanks for your replys but the website does not work that well for me, I have tried three browsers and the same, if I use the "your needs" it says "Sorry, no products were found matching those details" for any selection I make.

But it is good to hear that dealer will do a deal

R
        Last edited by Raymate; 23 January 2006, 04:07 Monday.
        Denon AVC-A1SE / Mission / REL / Lots of Russ Andrews Stuff / Van Den Hul / Audioquest / Chord / Kimber / Marantz CD7300 / Pioneer DVL-919E / Sony JA333ES / iPod nano / iPod colour 4G / D-777 / D-250 / D-88 / Various MD Players

Comment

• Leef DaLucky
          • May 2003

Toronto has a few stores for the HT connisieur.
          When you get here, I'd recommend checking out the following stores:
          Audio One (Steeles and Jane St)
          Brack Audio (thornhill and downtown locations)
          and Lipton's Audio (30 mins North in Newmarket).
          And of these guys can give you a so-so deal if you go in and talk to them for awhile.
          If you're bored you can always use 411.ca to get the phone numbers and talk to them over the phone for some rough pricing. I haven't looked at B&W's for awhile, so i have no idea of current pricing. Sorry.
          If you're new to the city, enjoy it by the way.
          Awesome city to live in.

Cheers,
          Mikey
          P.S. one more thing, I almost forgot. You're in canada. Do yourself the favour and look at Paradigm's Reference series before you get your heart set on the 600 series. If you haven't heard them, you might be surprised.
          "...Because Good is Dumb...!"
          -Dark Helmet

Comment

• Raymate
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Leef DaLucky
            Toronto has a few stores for the HT connisieur.
            When you get here, I'd recommend checking out the following stores:
            Audio One (Steeles and Jane St)
            Brack Audio (thornhill and downtown locations)
            and Lipton's Audio (30 mins North in Newmarket).
            And of these guys can give you a so-so deal if you go in and talk to them for awhile.
            If you're bored you can always use 411.ca to get the phone numbers and talk to them over the phone for some rough pricing. I haven't looked at B&W's for awhile, so i have no idea of current pricing. Sorry.
            If you're new to the city, enjoy it by the way.
            Awesome city to live in.

Cheers,
            Mikey
            P.S. one more thing, I almost forgot. You're in canada. Do yourself the favour and look at Paradigm's Reference series before you get your heart set on the 600 series. If you haven't heard them, you might be surprised.

Thank you for the good advice, cheers

Ray

Comment

• aud19
              Twin Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Leef DaLucky
              And the Energy Conoissuer Reference and Veritas lines as well

Jason

Comment

• Clive
                Former Moderator
                • Jan 2002

When can we expect ya? We'd need to make provisions :W :lol:

On a serious note walking into the stores mentioned above would be your best bet. At that point you can get a feel for the price ranges and the models available here in the great white.

:T
                CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

• Raymate
                  • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Clive
                  When can we expect ya? We'd need to make provisions :W :lol:

On a serious note walking into the stores mentioned above would be your best bet. At that point you can get a feel for the price ranges and the models available here in the great white.

:T

LOL , thank you.

Now some good places have been suggested so I should be on the right track

On trips in the past the only places I could fine was "bay bloor radio" (sorry to say but they are a poor example of a hifi shop to me, no better than "best buy" or "future shop")

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"