X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kgveteran
    • Oct 2005

80hz xover/phase and frequency response

I'm building a new center channel.My plans are to lower my present xover(100hz)down to 80hz.After discussing this with a friend some questions arose.
    My processor cross's the sub @24db/oct.It crosses the mains A12db/oct.This would be a miss match of my new setup.Should I look for an inline filter @80hz.12db-oct to match the 24db/oct for the sub?Or somehow lower the internal volume of the new center to have an acoustical 12db/oct rolloff @80hz to couple with the 12db/oct electronic crossover in the processor.

Is a match of slopes a desired effect of can I get by with the mismatch.What are the effects of the miss match, phase response? I'm not sure.A little help from the number crunchers
    Here is my LCR "Trio". Way to go guys !
  • armyscout43
    • Jan 2006

if you have an additional amplifer to drive the center speaker, i would suggest purchasing a single channel equalizer you can get at a dj store like djmart, 123 dj and various other dj online stores.
    I use that set up myself and if you really like to improve totally your entire system without purchasing additional equipment or higher end equipment,
    check out www.dakiom.com for around $150 or so, you can get a dakiom feedback stabilizer that acts like a water filter and cleans out your system and produces the cleanest, smoothest highs, mids and tightest bass in your lower frequencies.
    It affects all of your channels! your center or dialogue will sound much more convincing.
    The better your system, the better it will improve it. It improves low fi to high end...
    amazing technology, but it takes breaking in to really hear any difference. it's like drinking tap water vs filtered water...is the best analogy!

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"