X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • engr_dave
    • Dec 2005

Receiver crossover slopes?

I'll post this in the DIY forum since it is a technical(?) question:

I'm trying to find out what the crossover slopes are on a Yamaha HTR-5890 receiver I purchased. The manual discusses setting frequency: 60, 80 (THX), 90, 100, 110, etc. but doesn't mention slopes.

I contacted Yamaha technical support and they didn't know :roll: .

I suppose I could measure it, but I was hoping that someone would know.

My Lexicon MC-12 specifies symmetrical 12dB/oct for the 80Hz THX setting and 24dB/oct for all others.

However, a previous thread started by kgveteran seems to imply that most manufacturers use asymmetrical slopes (12dB high pass and 24dB low pass).

Help! This will affect how I design speakers for my "Theater #2" system.
  • Dennis H
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2002

However, a previous thread started by kgveteran seems to imply that most manufacturers use asymmetrical slopes (12dB high pass and 24dB low pass).
    That's the THX standard and most mfrs seem to follow it. It assumes you're using a sealed Q=.7 (Butterworth) enclosure at Fc. That said, I don't know what your Yamaha does. Can you measure it?

Comment

• soho54
      • Dec 2005

I have that reciever, and I want to say the 12/24 split is used in every setting not just the THX ones. Not 100%, but a good 90% though.

If you can't figure it out, let me know and I can run a few sweeps to find out for sure. My measurement gear should be up and running again in the next few days.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"