X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marshahu_cr
    • Aug 2003

Best Speakers for Denon 1705

Long time no see. Good to be back here again.

I am basically aiming for a budget 6.1 Home Theater solution with a DVD Audio and SACD player. I am intending to use this setup to output positional audio from EAX 4 compatible PC Games so 6.1 is essential - the more the better! So far I have this as my shopping list:

Denon 1705 Receiver (woooot Dolby Pro Logic IIx means no unused rear center speaker and better quality matrixing of game soundtracks)
    Denon 2910 DVD Video/Audio Player (If anyone can find a cheaper DVD Audio/Video and SACD Player which is just as good as this player let me know. As long as it had RGB Component Video out and a similar list of features I'm happy. HDTV support woudl be good but since HDTV is a rarity in the UK (weve just got to grips with Freeview Digital TV which isnt even proper HDTV!!) I can live without the DVI and HDTV connections)

I was thinking of using a Denon SYS-550SD Speaker System with an SC-A3 added for 6.1 audio but the SC-A3 has now been discontinued meaning that I can only purchase a set of 5.1 speakers from Denon. :cry: Hmmmm very good marketing, start rolling out 6.1 receivers and then discontinue your 6.1 speakers to go with them!!! :roll: However I then thought about using Mission Speakers to go with the Denon 1705 - after all Denon's Micro System speakers are Mission endorsed with the inverted drivers so surely Mission's Home Theater kits would compliment the sound of a Denon system?

Now this is where I need the expertise of audio connoisseurs. The only speaker set I had in mind from Mission was either the fs1AV NXT Speaker set which is a complete 6.1 set which has a good colour and compliments my TV. NXT technology tho? :duh: Don't those type of speakers sound thin, despite their amazing clarity at high frequencies? With that doubt in mind I had an idea of getting the e80 system which looks promising as its a 6.1 set and its menacing in black means it will look lovely in my living room. Also these seem to be proper speakers rather than NXT technology panels. I have yet to audition either these speakers and I am skeptical about the prices of these speakers, especially being Mission. ops:

So which speaker set of these two would contemplate the Denon 1705? If you don't think any of these Mission speaker sets would complement it feel free to make your own suggestions as to alternative Home Theater Speaker kits so long as they are 6.1 or they are 5.1 kits which can be expanded with the addition of a surround back speaker, much like Denon (before they discontinued selling the single surround back speaker) and JBL did. Oh and the budget for these speakers is £300.
  • marshahu_cr
    • Aug 2003

No one have any ideas about this subject then?? I thought you lot were experts on this kind of stuff!!?!

Comment

• spiffnme
      • Apr 2003

What's your budget? How big is your room?

Comment

• marshahu_cr
        • Aug 2003

My budget for the speakers is £300 and the budget for the receiver and DVD Audio/Video player is basically the cheapest avaiblible with the above features.

The size of the room is pretty small - about 12ft x 24ft - hence the reason my main preference is the small HTIB speakers because the tower speakers you guys use will be overkill in my small typical poeky english front room.

For more details refer to the original post.

Comment

• LeaveTheCoffee
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by marshahu_cr
          Denon 2910 DVD Video/Audio Player (If anyone can find a cheaper DVD Audio/Video and SACD Player which is just as good as this player let me know. As long as it had RGB Component Video out and a similar list of features I'm happy.
          Hey. Check out marantz DV-6500. Not really in the same league as the Denon but it's cheaper and fits those specs. Read a group test review somewhere comparing it to 2910, a pioneer and a harmon kardon. Came out winner largely on audio including cd performance and value for money. Doesn't have HDMI or DVI ouput, only component. Hope that helps!

Comment

• Bob D207
            • Jun 2001

I have the Aperion Audio 6.1 speaker system with the 12" 250 watt sub and couldn't be happier. The great thing about these speakers is they sound so natural and the bass is awesome. The speakers are very easy to listen to and for the $ I couldn't find anything that compared. Aperion has a 30 day return policy but after hearing these in my home they not going back. The people at Aperion were great to deal with too - I did tons of research and they answered all my questions and couldn't have been nicer. Oh yeah they even send you an owners kit plus my wife really liked the bags the speakers are wrapped in - very classy. Check them out at www.aperionaudio.com.

Aperion can help you get a great speaker system to fit your budget - agaim great folks to deal with

Good luck,
            Bob

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"