X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • britrover
    • Sep 2005

Help Needed...................

Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas to all…

I just set my McIntosh processor and having some issues………..so any help direction would be highly appreciated. Below are the details of my set up and the issues I’m having:

McIntosh Pre/Pro MSD4
    McIntosh MC 7200 (L + R / Kef XQ5)
    B&K ST 140 (L + R Surround / Monitor Audio)
    B&K ST 125 Powering the Center Channel (Kef XQ 2C)

Issues I’m having:

1) When I turn off the B&K amp powering my Center Channel I notice the speaker making a slight noise as the amp turns off. This to me doesn’t seem right and I want to make sure I don’t end up damaging my Center channel speaker…………is this a Ground Loop issue…..What can I do to fix this issue ? My McIntosh amp doesn’t depict this issue. The B&K amps and McIntosh MSD4 use a three prong power cable…….so not sure if it’s a polarity issue.

2) If I’m watching a DVD and turn of the DVD player prior to turning of the McIntosh pre/pro…..the speakers make a noise as the DVD player turns off. Is this normal? Is it important to turn off the Pre/pro first in a separates set up.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"