Clear All
  • Markmm
    • Nov 2005

Aragon Stage 1 and 2005/3005 thoughts?

Anyone have any experience with these?

Thanks!
  • J.H.
    • Nov 2005

I don't know but man they make some of the coolest looking equipment. Honestly I would like to know peoples thoughts on the Aragon too. I asked about the Arcam AV8 and no one answered so there not a ton of traffic through here I don't think. Hope you get your answerd though. J.H.

Comment

• Markmm
      • Nov 2005

Yeah, they definitely look nice. Appears to be made by Klipsch since you have to go to their website to get any info.

Comment

• J.H.
        • Nov 2005

Yeah probably part of the same company. Definintely a cool looking machine. This is the processor right? The A cut into the front looks really cool. PLus it glows blue right? Any prices on this unit? J.H.

Comment

• DrJRapp
          Super Senior Member
          • Apr 2003

They are great deals right now. While not oficially discontinued, Klipsch is no longer making the entire Aragon line. They are selling off remaining stock thru Klipsch's eBay store at great prices. I just got a 3005 at 60% off it's MSRP.
          Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• J.H.
            • Nov 2005

Yeah I saw Aragon on there. Great deals definitely that I saw. Did Klipisch recently buy Aragon? Why would they be not making the whole Aragon line? J.H.

Comment

• Drewbert
              • Aug 2005

Rotel vs Aragon? what would you go with?

JR Im looking in your direction
              -Drew

Comment

• ThomasW
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Klipsch has never 'made' Aragon components. They bought the company several years ago, but production remains located at original Mondial Designs plant in Calif.

They dropped the Acurus name and rebaged all the lower cost components to try and capitalize on the Aragon name. That marketing strategy backfired, lead to confusion and poor sales.

So don't think the current 3 or 5 channel amps are anything like the original 8008X3 or 8008X5. A weight comparison makes the difference obvious.

The current 8008 and Palladium have the same guts as the original (black) Mondial Designs units. I have no idea what's in the other gear, but it's probably pretty good.

One should note that ALL Aragon amps are serviced only by the Mondial facility in Calif, there are no other authorized service centers

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• rrrhemi
                  • Jun 2005

Does anyone have any experience listening to this combo?

Comment

• DrJRapp
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Drewbert
                    Rotel vs Aragon? what would you go with?

JR Im looking in your direction

Sorry it took so long...Aragon! Sounds much better than a Rotel 1080 or 1095. Much smoother top end, more neutral and very tight and substantial bottom. Sounds a lot like a Classe CAM 350. The power of the space shuttle with the finess and nuance of a hang glider. The 3005 is one of the best amps I've ever heard....case closed.

Hurry they still have some available.
                    Jerry Rappaport

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"