X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ron
    • Nov 2005

OK, I need more help

Any A/V receiver experts out there, so far I got the Panasonic PT-AE900U projector and the Panasonic DVDS97 player. I'm looking to spend around $400-$500 for a home theater receiver, I know its not enough, any suggestions though?

Any good websites to read about receivers?

Thanks for your help

ron o
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

You may have to step up a bit on your budget. It's difficult to recommend something in that price range with such a nice projector hanging in the balance .

Try this website:
    AV reviews

Good luck,

Azeke

Comment

• wildfire99
      • Aug 2005

See my reply in the other thread entitled "Narrowing down receiver options" for my view on this. I was very happy with the Pio 1014 (now 1015) for an interim, "inexpensive" receiver. I punished it with "The Incredibles" at and beyond reference many times and it never even coughed once.

I would not find too much fault with it as the centerpiece of a growing system. Add on better speakers (subs especially), then some amps, then maybe I'd float back to the receiver again after HiDef DVD is sorted out some.
      - Patrick
      "But it's more fun when it doesn't make sense!"

Comment

• comeup
        • Jul 2005

I like yamaha I've had them in the past along with denon. I've noticed that yamaha in that price range gives you more for the money and they sound good with speakers that don't need that much power like polk audio and klisp. for a little more money I would step to the marantz for they have better amps in the 800 and more range. the low priced yamahas' sound pretty darn good and they are easy to use unlike denon. The yamaha also have good dsp modes unlike the other choices. Yamaha put millions of dollars into digital sound processing that sound steps above others ( dosn't have the reverb sound).
        Blake

Comment

• comeup
          • Jul 2005

A good website audioreview.com
          Blake

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"