X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ron
    • Nov 2005

Just getting started.....

Hey everybody -

Could use some help here, just getting started and its a little overwelming out there. I have a room 11 1/2ft by 24 ft and I was interested in a 92" diag screen.
    Heres my budget - $2000-$3000 for front projector, $1200 for speakers and receiver, give or take a few bucks

There are so many brands out there for front projectors, what is recommended for this price range?

Thanks......
  • Shane Martin
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2001

Recommendations:

PJ's:
    Panny AE900U - LCD
    Sanyo Z4 - LCD
    BenQ PE7700 - DLP

$1200 for speakers and a receiver? Tough call for so little money. Probably an AV123.com package with rocket Elt's would be a good start. SVS also has a new speaker package with their PB10ISD for ~$1k. Add a good receiver for ~$300-$400 bucks and you're slightly over budget but it should be good.

This website is for sale! svsubwoofers.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, svsubwoofers.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Inexpensive recievers to go with the speaker packages:
    Panasonic Digital reciever XR70
    Pioneer 1015

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

I'd say you either have to even out your budget a bit in regards to the audio/video or start with a "basic" sound system of a receiver and 2 main speakers that you can build from.

I'd suggest a $600-$800 receiver and $400-$600 pair of speakers. The Rocket's Shane mentioned would be a good start for inexpensive speakers as would Fluance.
      High Performance Home Theater Surround Sound Speaker Systems by Fluance. Offering Free Shipping, Lifetime Warranty & Risk Free 30 Day in Home Trial.

Otherwise if you want something of a bit more entry-level audiophile, try the base speakers from the likes of B&W, Energy, Paradigm etc. Then add centre, surrounds and sub as you can afford them
      Jason

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"