Video Bypassing Processor and straight to TV?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neverwouldof
    • Nov 2005

Video Bypassing Processor and straight to TV?

If my Processor (Parasound C1) only has component inputs and Comcast HD box has DVI and Denon 5910 has DVI and HDMI. Can i bypass the Processor and go straight into the TV (New Samsung 1080p DLP). I would have to switch the input on TV to watch DVD from controller i think. But would that give me best picture and would it work? Yes.... i'm inexperienced audiophile and overworked with little study time!
  • Shane Martin
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2001

Most will say it is the best route to go. For convienence sakes it is not but you can work around that with a macro remote control

With future connections you will want to consider going thru the processor when it allows it. I will bet that Parasound will take care of you in that regard.

Comment

• neverwouldof
      • Nov 2005

Thanks for the reply, I think i will try bypassing the C1. Just trying not to invest in cables that i wouldn't be using. I have zero cables at the moment.

Comment

• Dmantis
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jun 2004

Makes no difference if you use a universal remote programmed. Better I agree as 1 less thing in the signal path.

But most of todays receivers/preamps don't degrade the video perfromance. matrix.

Switching HDMI and DVI is a problem actually. Even receviers/preamps with this ability have failed switching both. straight is the better way.

mantis

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"