How good is the Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Series II Amp?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff
    • Dec 2004

How good is the Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Series II Amp?

I'm an owner of B&W N802's and HTM1 speakers. I'm currently running a Proceed Amp 3 (150wpc @8 ohms 300 @ 4 ohms) and a Rotel RB-1080 (200wpc 8ohms, above 300 at 4). This of course has plenty of juice. But when is plenty ever enough. :B

Many of you know, these speakers LOVE power. I see the Sunfire amp mentioned above is a 5 channel amp with 425 wpc @8ohms, 850 at 4 ohms. Now that's a lot of muscle! I've generally heard good things about the better Sunfire amps. At only $3,500 USD it's something worth considering.

I will say one thing about the Proceed Amp, it's Very smooth and articulate in the mid and upper ranges. Which on Jazz vocal tracks is something I don't want a new amp to fall short on.

Has anyone compaired these Sunfire amps to better amps where the Sunfire came up short? If so what amps were you listening to?

Thanks everyone! Jeff
    Last edited by Jeff; 11 November 2005, 23:26 Friday. Reason: correct amp name
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Jeff,

Here is a review, that actually compares it to the Krell and Levinson:

Sunfire Cinema Grand Sig II Amp

In essence, Sunfire and Bob Carver are an acquired taste, make sure you listen before you buy, but most people in general seem happy with his products.

Hope this helps,

Azeke

Comment

• Jeff
      • Dec 2004

Azeke, thanks for the artical. It was interesting. I would say I'm not interested in anything which makes noise. My system has a very black back ground, which I enjoy very much. Doesn't sound like the Sunfire is very good for critical listening which I enjoy from time to time.

Again, thanks!

Jeff

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"