Anyone heard the new PSB SubSeries 8 ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dovetails
    • Aug 2005

Anyone heard the new PSB SubSeries 8 ...

I've had my eye on the PSB SubSonic 6i for a while now and I have had the opportunity to audition it in the past. I was very impressed, but curious as to weather anyone has heard the new SubSeries 8 yet, to see if there is a 'noticeable' difference.
  • efarstad
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2001

The 8 will give you higher output with less distortion. How big is your listening room?

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
    E-Cinema

Comment

• Dovetails
      • Aug 2005

Well, the room is on the small side (13X14) but in the past it has had a tendency to 'eat' subs. Could very well be a standing wave issue. I've not listened to the 6i in this room before, so at this point I'm not sure how it will perform. I will be able to audition the 6i again, once room remodel is completed. Dealer does not have the 8 in stock , so I was curious to feedback from those that have actually heard the 8. Aside from being able to play louder with less distortion , does it sound more 'accurate/tighter' than 6i , at same volume levels?

I can't imagine the 6i not doing the job, however, if it can't , it's definately not a room size issue ... again ... more like a wave cancellation problem.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"