X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • directitstore
    • Aug 2005

Faulty Jamo 6510sub

Bought this $900+ dollar sub as part of the Jamo PDD.5 system from Harvey Norman, Auburn, Aust only a month or so ago.

Anyway, while watching the T.V (on a low power level) this loud buzzing noise was apparent, with no bass sound output just this LOUD buzzing noise.

After powering down my HK AVR630 AMP, the noise was still there, the sub didn't switch off which it should have being on (Auto). So I manually switched it off, removed the RCA cable from the AMP to isolate the sub, plugged it into a different power outlet, leaving off the RCA, and yep, the BUZZING NOISE was still there.

Harvey’s replaced the sub after TWO WEEKS, and you guessed it, after about 2 hours of Movies (Ring 2 and Meet the Parents), the volume NEVER over 1/4 the replacement has gone… I left it powered off for a day or two and tested it again before taking it back, and it started working perfect for a day and the buzzing noise and not switching off was back.

Seems there is a problem with these units, I spent over four hours setting up this system using only the very best Neotech cables.

So it looks like I have a four grand system with no sub for some time, until Qualifi the Jamo Aust distributor can give me some answers. Can anyone here make a suggestion on what I may be doing wrong, if anything.

It took me 1 hour to find the right placement for the sub which I must say is very good (when working). I have all the Harman Kardon settings for the sub on DTS, DTS EX, Dolby Digital set to "0" the VCR is set to "-2". I used the 100+ dollar Neotech Sub Cable the first time, the second I used the provided 9m RCA from JAMO. But the exact same noise is back again... :x

Experts out there, please help!

Oh and I have the HK speakers set to small, the Active subs AMP is set like this: Cut off frequency @ 106Hz level 3, Phase @ 108 deg, there are 5 levels of power its only ever been on the 2 second level
    Last edited by directitstore; 13 August 2005, 03:34 Saturday. Reason: Update
  • Stoney
    • Dec 2004

I had a vaporizer with an AC Motor in my home that induced noise on the house wiring and caused the subs in my B&W 605 S3 to buzz. Removing the vaporizer cured the noise.
    Emotiva UPA-700 Amp
    Emotiva UMC 200 pre/pro
    B&W DM605 S2 Mains
    DM602 S2 Surrounds
    DM601 S2 Rear Surrounds
    CC6 S2 Center.
    ASW 1000 Sub

Comment

• directitstore
      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Stoney
      I had a vaporizer with an AC Motor in my home that induced noise on the house wiring and caused the subs in my B&W 605 S3 to buzz. Removing the vaporizer cured the noise.

Thanks for the reply, dont have one of those. In addition, the buzzing noise happens even when the Sub is disconnect from my HK Receiver and when connected there is no LFE signal coming through it at all! Its a real loud buzz somewhere in the 80Db range.

I have no problems at all with the L/C/R SR/SL channels there is NO humm or buzz whatsoever. When the sub was working there was no humm or buzz coming through the LFE.

When the second sub from Jamo packed it in, it was kind of like something tripped internally and the buzz was back...

Last edited by directitstore; 12 August 2005, 09:13 Friday. Reason: Update

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"