X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • junski2000
    • Jul 2005

i need help on yamaha rx-v450 receiver

i recently bought a yamaha rx-v450 receiver paired with yamaha ns-p436 speaker package. i have notice that though the receiver has already reached more than halfway of its volume, the sound is still weak/low. could anyone help me with this problem.
  • Snap
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2005

:welcome:

Ski- Check the levels in the set up section of the receiver. Nice little reciever. you will need a spl meter but make sure that all the speakers are the same DB. The users manual is very well done for that piece of gear. Just look at the set up features. Use the pink noise that it generates and off you go.

You can get a spl meter at Radio Shack for under 50 bucks.

Hope that helps and welcome to the guide.
    The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

• Kens1
      • Mar 2005

Some recievers/ amps just have to reach that "certain volume" before they start really becoming loud. I have the rotel 1056 paired with the 1080 amp for the two front speakers and I notice that from 30 - 40 it creeps up in volume slowly, but after 40 small increments go considerably louder. turning it up past half way for home theater is not unusual. As mentioned above you still want to check the settings to make sure everything is dialed in properly. If you are going past half way and nearing full volume it should be really loud.

Comment

• junski2000
        • Jul 2005

thanks guys for the tip. honestly, i'm new to this kind of system.

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

I'm not sure about the RX-V450, but my RX-V1 has a volume control that increments linearly - in 1/2 decibel steps. Much of the time, I'll be well past the half-way point on the decibel scale before I'm happy with the volume level.
          Last edited by David Meek; 16 July 2005, 19:12 Saturday.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Snap
            Super Senior Member
            • Feb 2005

:agree: I calibrated a system that had the 450 and the unit was right out of the box, and it was way week. I think that all the settings were -3. Fixed the problem once it was calibrated. But you are right it was at least at half before it got loud. Might just have been that one unit?

Ski have you set all the levels of your 5.1 system yet?
            The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"