X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • krek
    • Jun 2005

new pioneer dvd player with i-link?

Hello everyone,

I want to buy a new dvd-player. I will use it in combi with a Pioneer receiver with i-link (2014i) so I would like the dvd player to have i-link.
    I spoke to a salesrep from Pioneer (Holland), and he told me that Pioneer will introduce a new i-link (firewire) dvd player at the end of this year, with a lower price than the ''older'' i-link players. He could not give me more information :cry: . In europe the only 2 players with i-link are the dv-757AI and the 868-AVi. The 757, wich was introduced in 2002, is not shown on the internetpage anymore since last week. the 868 is a very good player, but a little out of my budget.

Who has more info on a new pioneer player with i-link?

Thanks.
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Hey, Krek, welcome to the Guide! :banana: Don't know anything about this particular model coming out. I'm fairly confident, though, that in the next 9-12 months before we see multiple high-def disc units come out, we'll see several players come out that will have multiple advanced functions like universal capability, firewire w/multi-channel capability, and HDMI also with multi-channel audio. Of the consumer brands, I think Pioneer and Denon will be leading the way with this, others following also.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Shane Martin
      Super Senior Member
      • Apr 2001

We should find out something about these players at Cedia in September.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"