X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • br33zy
    • Apr 2005

Setup issues...

I am running into a little problem with my setup. I am new to a lot of this and I have been reading and searching for my answer but I can not find one. I hope one of you guys can help me out here.....

I currently have a HK AVR235, Polk monitor center, front left and right, two cheapo surrounds and a B&W ASW600. These are my current settings....

Speaker Setup
    Mode :Size
    Left/Right :Small
    Center :Small
    Surround :Small
    Surr Back :None
    Subwoofer :Sub
    Bass Mgr :Global (Independent)

Speaker Setup
    Mode :X-Over
    Left/Right :60Hz (All crossovers are variable 40-200Hz)
    Center :60Hz
    Surround :100Hz
    Surr Back :100Hz
    LFE :Left/Right (Center, Surround, Surr Back)
    Bass Mgr :Global (Independent)

I have the X-Over on my sub set at 60Hz. What my issue is is that when I turn the subs X-over off I start to get higher freq out of my sub. I have tried to set all my crossovers at 60Hz with the subs crossover off and it still does the same thing. I know my crossovers are not technically correct but I do not want anything over 60 coming from it. My Polks are rated at 55hz-20khz or something like that. I have my subwoofer hooked up from the sub pre-out with a splitter on the end at the sub. Should I just not worry about the receivers settings and leave it alone or am I doing something wrong. I have noticed that a lot of people say not to use both crossovers. I dont know whether I am or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou
    Last edited by br33zy; 14 April 2005, 09:19 Thursday. Reason: spelling
  • ekkoville
    • Aug 2004

I don't set a crossover in my pre/pro for the sub. My setting is OFF so the full signal is sent to the sub. I let the signal flow unchanged and regulate it with subs crossover. My REL owners manual reccommends a speakon cable and a sub cable so as to get a full signal during two channel mode, and the proper signal for HT.

Erik

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"