X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

HDTV selection help asap?

Hope someone can help.My bro is about to buy a hdtv and has come down to the following models.Samsung hlp50663w,Mitsubishi wd52525 and toshiba 51h84.We realize that the sammy and mitsu are dlp.All these sets looked great at the store but obviously a fair comparison cant be done there.Please he is about to plot down for the purchase and would like to find out which is the better in everyones opinion that is valued here.
  • billz260
    • Dec 2004

Sorry, havn't done a comparison and the only HD signals I've seen so far have be OTA, but the Samsung 50" DLP is outstanding. I love it, even though the DLP's do have there 'nuaunces', but I think it just gives them an identity

Comment

• Neal_C
      • Feb 2003

In my opinion, the Mits is the best of those three.

I personally don't think the XX63 models from Samsung have very good picture quality. My neighbor recently decided to spend an extra $500 to get the Samsung 4674 over the 4663 because the picture quality was that much better. And the Mits 52525 has an even better picture than the XX74 line in my opinion.

As far as the Toshiba, if I was seriously considering a CRT based tv, I would lean toward Mitsubishi crt's over the Toshiba. Yes, I am a Mits fan, because they make excellent products.

Tell your bro to get the Mits, he will be very happy.

Comment

• willng24
        • Aug 2005

rick, what did you end up getting? I'm stuck between the Mitsuwd52525 and sammy HL-r5087w.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"