X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saurabh
    • Feb 2005

Sound Opinion - Spk Stand, Spk Mount and Spk Bookshelf

Is there a difference in the sound quality if we place speakers on the Stands or Wall Mounts or an open shelf mounted on the wall specifically to keep the speaker, assuming they are all placed at the same height and direction and they are satellite speakers.
    Need is the mother of all Inventions.....I am needy
  • Patt
    • Feb 2005

Try it for yourself and see what you think.

Without a doubt it make's a huge difference with my Klipsch and Paradigm's.
    ......Pat

Comment

• audioqueso
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

A lot of speakers change their sound depending on how much air space there is around it. So keeping it close to the wall on a bracket will sound very different compared to a speaker on a stand standing away from the wall a bit. It's usually a bit tighter and smaller sound stage when on wall brackets.
      B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Saurabh, something else to consider is that if you wall mount a rear-ported speaker (effectively blocking the port) you'll get a much different sound than what you expect, or probably want. Also, building a shelf on a wall for a speaker will work okay for surrounds but I wouldn't recommend doing that with your mains. That most likely will put the unit too near a major boundary effect (the wall). Go with stands for the mains.

IMO, of course.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Nick M
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Nov 2004

A rear ported speaker too close to the wall will have loose midbass, a bit boomy so to speak.

I mounted my five monitors on stands around 1' from the wall. No problems. I suspect a tower with larger/more drivers that move more air would need to be even further out (if rear ported).
          ~Nick

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"