X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • june
    • Feb 2005

Cables & Antenna?

Hello All,

Who makes good cables to connect my Yamaha CD player & RT-02 to the 1068? Also a good FM antenna for the RT-02?

june
    June
    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

June check out our forum sponsor www.CatCables.com for very high quality cables at a reasonable cost. Not sure on the FM antanna...I know Terk makes some but I have no idea how good they are. Radio Shack should have them in stock if you wanted to try one.

Comment

• Bostonears
      • Mar 2004

A company called C. Crane makes an excellent variation on a T type FM dipole antenna called the FM Reflect http://www.ccrane.com/fm-reflect-antenna.aspx . I own several of these. They work much better than the standard dipole antenna, and they are terminated with a screw-on F-connector.

Also, Fanfare, maker of high end FM tuners, makes a long whip antenna called the FM-2G http://www.fanfare.com/fm-2g-buy.html that is very good. And they have a special version optimized for the "college band" stations at the low end of the FM dial. I own one of the college band models.

As a general purpose antenna, Crane's FM Reflect is great (and is less expensive). The Fanfare is better for some stations, but it's more sensitive to being properly positioned. (One of my tuners is a Marantz ST17 reference model with two antenna jacks, and I can switch back and forth between them at the push of a button.)

Terk models that I had used before weren't even in the same league with the Crane and Fanfare units.

Comment

• Kyle
        • Jan 2005

I can second the CatCables suggestion, I can't tell you how pleased I am with mine
        My gear

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"