X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MaxTimeOff
    • Jan 2005

Is it just me????

or do others notice, and are bothered by this?

I have a NEC 50XR4, although this issue is not specific to this plasma. I find that when I watch most programs there is a slight distortion, everything is short and fat. It doesn't bother my wife at all, she says she hardly notices. But it really bugs me. On my plasma I have gotton around this by playing with the V-height under image adjust. I have corrected it but I am missing some of the image.

I have the plasma connected directly from the DirecTV RCA satelite receiver through component cables. Per the NEC owners manual I should be able to toggle through: NORMAL - ANAMORPHIC - STADIUM - ZOOM - 2.35:1 - 14:9. I am only able to toggle through ANAMORPHIC AND 2.35:1. Why is that? I think what I want is a 14:9 picture with letter boxes on both sides of the image to get rid of any image distortion, but I can't get there.

What am I mising? Anyone with ideas on this?
  • MaxTimeOff
    • Jan 2005

I went into my Sat receiver and switched it to 16:9 and it now works like a champ!!

Comment

• Kevin P
      • Aug 2000

This thread was also posted in the TV area of the forum, so please continue the discussion there.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"