What DVD players support 720P via component?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • basementjack
    • Dec 2004

What DVD players support 720P via component?

Do any DVD players support 720P via component out??

I have an older projector without DVI in.

I've seen the new low cost DVD players that do conversion to 720P, but it seems the ones I've looked at only do so on DVI, and not via component.

- Jack
  • BlazeMaster
    • May 2004

I don't think there is any that do 720p via component. What kinda projector do you have? If you're projector is only 480p or 1080i, then I don't see much benifits by getting a DVD player that upconverts to 720p.

Comment

• Marshal
      • Feb 2005

There isn't and there never will be one. Why? Because upscaling of encrypted content as it is the case with DVD movies is not possible via component outputs. You need DVI or HDMI output to see upscaled picture.

Comment

• Shane Martin
        Super Senior Member
        • Apr 2001

That isn't exactly true. If you are willing to play the crapshoot game and try one of the chinese players then go ahead. I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole and didn't find upscaling to matter anyway. There's alot of failed hype in upscaling.

Comment

• basementjack
          • Dec 2004

Thanks everyone,

My Projector is a sharp C30 pretty standard 1024x768

It internally scales 480i/p, 720p and 1080i to fit the panel.

I have a 480p dvd player now, and I noticed a big difference over my old 480i player. I also have a few xbox games that do 720p and they look pretty good.

Thanks for all your replies.

Comment

• number17
            • Jul 2004

The Zenith 318 upconverts to 720p via component (with the old firmware)

Comment

• junior77blue
              • Nov 2004

So, the xbox can output a 720p signal via component?

Comment

• Kevin P
                • Aug 2000

The xbox can output 720p or 1080i for games that support it, but it won't upconvert DVD; it'll only output 480i or 480p.

Comment

• zeppelin
                  • May 2003

I thought that Denon3910, Marantz DV9500......etc all does the upscaling of DVD to 720P and 1080I out thru the Component.
                  How about the DVDO iScanâ„¢ HD+ video scaling processor they do all the upconverting and down Converting of all signals.
                  Enlightened me pls.

Comment

• Brandon B
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Jun 2001

The Bravo did it initially, (since corrected) but with poor quality. I think you can get the momitsu to do it on VGA but not component. And the Zenith with the old firmware as mentioned.

BB

Comment

• Shane Martin
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Apr 2001

I thought that Denon3910, Marantz DV9500......etc all does the upscaling of DVD to 720P and 1080I out thru the Component
                      HDMI/DVI only on those.

Comment

• sang
                        • Mar 2005

Need to Demo 720p DVD on LCD with Component? No HDCP compliant DVI with this TV=(

I need to demo 3 LCD screens. I would like to run 720p DVD using one of the upsclaing players. Q1) Which model do you folks recommend that still has good quality via component out? Problem is, the LCD sets do not come with HDCP compliant DVI so I must find other ways. So please advise if there is a way I can still capture digital quality via component Q2) If no, then what is the best set up for me to demo 3 LCDs using 1 unit of 720p upscaling DVD player and if I use component splitter, how much worse is the picture quality? Thanks. D-Day is Tuesday A.M. so appreciate prompt answer if you got one.

Comment

• freon
                          • Mar 2005

I own a zenith dvb-318 and its upconverting 720p nice to my sanyo z2 via component. It was one of the first releases dec 2003.

Before buying this unit I was also researching the momitsu and was under the impression that it also does upconverting via component, maybe not out of box but I'm thinking it will somehow.
                          My Media room construction page

Comment

• ktaillon
                            • Jun 2004

I thought the Samsung DVD player converts to 720 but only through its DVI output. Some people say it looks great and others hate it and shut it off.

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"