X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AudioDude
    • Jan 2009

1570 dvi help

Hello,
    When connecting to my tv via dvi the 1570 will not play audio from my blu-ray player. I know dvi doesnt carry audio but the audio should still get to the 1570 via the hdmi connection. Anyone have this problem and contact Rotel. Anyone have a solution?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Known issue with certain Tv's whose DVI inputs do not handle HDCP encryption. (And a few that do, but not correctly).

You might be able to work through it with them if you know your TV fully supports HDCP. Or you could not use the HDMI output on the 1570, run component video from the player direct to the TV, and only run HDMI from the player to the 1570 to get audio. You could then use the component video inputs for the rest of your sources ran to another component input on your TV.

Or you could buy a new tv..

But the best bet is to pick up a HDFury2 HDMI to component video converter. It fully supports HDCP and will then send the video signal on to the TV as component video. Moome also has an HDMI to DVI converter that just strips the HDCP signal off and should work as well.

Kevin D.

Comment

• rja52
      • Jan 2009

I have (had) same problem. I tried an HDMI to DVI adaptor between RSP-1570 and TV. Didn't help. Also tried an Oppo HM-31 HDMI switch that I had been using for something else. This didn't work either. Finally I purchased the HDFury2 and it does the job. I contacted Rotel via phone and email and did not hear from them.

Comment

• Alfred
        • Apr 2009

I have the same problem. It seems that the main cause is the enhancements for EDID in HDMI. With HDMI (against DVI) the transfer of audio information is possible. If there is a DVI (with HDPC) connected, the EDID tells the audio decoder the display can't get audio information on that way. Therefore the Rotel stays silent.
        Perhaps Rotel has implemeted the HDMI standard with the audio information in EDID too close. Actually they should ignore this information and decode the signal if the related setup is "AMP MODE".

Best regards,
        Alfred

Comment

• mbischo
          • Jul 2009

The issue is resolved with the latest firmware updates (Main 1.1.6, HDMI-Board 1.1.2, and DSP-Board 1.1.2). I had the same EDID problem and the updates fixed it

Comment

• AudioDude
            • Jan 2009

Hello,
            Didn't notice a reply, do you know the date of the firmeware?
            Regards,

Comment

• mbischo
              • Jul 2009

According to the filenames the dates should be this:

DSP 12/15/2008
              HDMI 03/25/2009
              MAIN 04/24/2009

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"