X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

Parasound,adcom or rotel

Can anyone tell me any comparisons as far as the better amps between these three.I looking to get 2 or 3 channel amp in the 120-200 watt range.Are they warm,bright etc.They would be added to a rotel rsx1056 to power b&w 603s3's and lcr600.
  • SpOoNmAn
    • Sep 2003

youll get a thousand different responses. I had rotel amps and have high regards for them, but Parasound now holds the #1 spot in my heart :T

cant say anything about adcom.

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
    GameTracker -My List-
    Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Comment

• TimRawson
      • Oct 2004

In adding amp to 1056, don't bother with 120 watt range as you notice much difference and could be worse depending on amp. I had, for a couple nights, added a 1070 (130x2) to a Rotel 1056 and the difference was not great, better but not worth the cost of adding the amp. Depends on what you are looking for, more umph? better 2 channel sound?... I'd consider a Rotel 1080, Bryston 4B (st/sst) used, Halo A21 etc. Not sure what the budget is. Not familiar with Adcom sound.

Comment

• rick c
        • Aug 2004

Thanks for the advice.I'll be using for ht/tv as well as music.So would a 1080 provide me w/ significant upgrade for HT as well as music or could i be looking for a 3 channel amp(rb993 if i can find one) for this purpose.Or would a 5channel be even better.Just so your aware i listen 75-80 % ht/tv the rest music but sometimes i get carried away and will listen to music 2 channel and dts for hours on any given weekend.No sacd or dvd-a for now.

Comment

• jimmyp58
          Super Senior Member
          • Aug 2003

Depending on your setup and budget, you could get varied responses/results. Rotel & Parasound are great amps; don't know much about the newer Adcoms (had one a long time ago and it was just 'o.k.'). I think you'd do very well with either. There are others that would do you well too. One question is, what budget do you have for yourself on this? That may limit what amp you can afford to purchase then from there, a determination could be made as to whether there'd be any gain in performance.

Jim
          jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• rick c
            • Aug 2004

My budget would probably be 500-700 which is why i'll be looking for used.I would like to stay with the rotel sound so obviously i would like a rotel amp.Dont get me wrong i like how it sounds now with just the receiver but if adding an amp would make it significantly better that's what i would like to do.I'm in no hurry per se but would like to have decision made when i'm ready to get or not get an amp.I just dont know how many channels i should get 2,3 or 5.Maybe it will come down to whats the best i can afford.

Comment

• hidefdvd
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by rick c
              My budget would probably be 500-700 which is why i'll be looking for used.I would like to stay with the rotel sound so obviously i would like a rotel amp.Dont get me wrong i like how it sounds now with just the receiver but if adding an amp would make it significantly better that's what i would like to do.I'm in no hurry per se but would like to have decision made when i'm ready to get or not get an amp.I just dont know how many channels i should get 2,3 or 5.Maybe it will come down to whats the best i can afford.
              If you can spare a couple hundred more then look into the NAD S250 from www.saturdayaudio.com. Top notch unit.

hidefdvd

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"