• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • safaa426
    • Dec 2004

can i use vga splitter for dvd player?

hello every one , i`m new here.
    i just have a Q,
    can i use vga splitter to split a component signal from dvd player using powered vga splitter.

the reason is i want to drive the sony tv and panasonic pj at same time,using a dvd component signal.
    if this is possible which vga splitter should i get,

i`ve tried aten 1in\4 out, but was not good.

a while ago i had omniview belkin but it was vga switch 4 in\1 out but it did work on dvd,

i laso tried Y vga cable but i lost brightness when bot tv and pj are connected to cable but i regain that back if i diconnect one of them.

thank you for input,
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

I too am in the same situation, have asked in a thread or 2 and gotten no solid responses. You have gone a step further than I and tried it, thats cool. I was only told I could not do it, but now know that the output is not capable of driving 2 inputs as you have proven. There are a few hardcore videophiles lurking around here and am sure one of them can eventually recomend just what the doctor ordered. I have searched the net and found many 4-1 "switchers" but no 1-2, 3, or 4 demultiplexers, or amps. If I stumble across something I will post, and you the same if you would, Thanks, Bob

Comment

• safaa426
      • Dec 2004

hello
      thank you for reply,
      i have another rout i could take but it will cost more, than vga splitter, cause i make the cables myself like component and breakout cable,

i could buy a 1in \4out component splitter $ 160.
      then i could use component cable to -------- splittet< breakout cable----pj
      componen cable---tv

Inday.com, Video/Audio switching and distribution. Proven professional grade products for signage, broadcast, media and home theater.

Comment

• safaa426
        • Dec 2004

hi
        here another solution ,vga splitter can pass component signal.as they claim

Comment

• safaa426
          • Dec 2004

here is how much vga cost

Comment

• David Meek
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Wow, that Hall Research splitter/amp can drive a signal "with no loss in resolution" up to 600 feet through two of its outputs. 8O That's rather interesting. Good find Safaa. :T

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"