X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

rotel rsx1056 component switching

Was wondering how many people use the component swich thru the receiver instead of going straight to t.v..My t.v. has 2-components.I personally have 2 component sources dvd and hd receiver.Would it be better straight or should i leave it as it is thru the receiver.thanks p.s. ilso have vhs connected thru receiver.
  • GosonFletchy
    • May 2004

I would run it direct to the TV for the best possible picture. If you have the inputs available on your TV then go for it.

G

:grab:

Comment

• rick c
      • Aug 2004

Would there be a degrade if i left it connected via receiver(rsx1056).If so how much.would it be noticeble ?It's so easy thru receiver.

Comment

• jlee
        • Aug 2004

I tried both and noticed degradation when going through the Rotel (in my case a RSP-1066). I would connect your DVD direct to the TV... and then all the other stuff (Sat, VCR, XBOX, etc.) through the Rotel... unless u only have 2 component sources... in which case connect both direct to the TV assuming your TV has the standard 2 component inputs. Basically, unless u have 3 sources that can do component, I would connect them direct... 3 or more... connect the best one (most cases the DVD) direct, and the rest through the Rotel... unless you don't care about the quality of 1 of them... in which case connect the 2 you care about, and the rest through the Rotel. I even found an improvement for the Satellite, so for a while I had that connected directly to S-video on my TV... but since I'm upgrading to the 1098 and it does component conversion, I will probably hook up by XBOX (has component), VCR (S-video), and Satelitte (soon to be HD with component out) all to the 1098 and then out to the TV from the 1098. If I wanted to get "serious" with the TV watching or game playing, it would be easy to temporarily connect the Sat. direct to the TV .

Comment

• hamlyn
          • Jul 2004

I use Tributaries component video cables going from a Rotel DVD player via a Rotel receiver using component switching to a Plasma display and I have not been able to detect any degradation in picture quality.
          The Rotel equipment is stuffed in a closet out of sight, and the on-screen prompts via component switching are handy when I am using the RF remote.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Where the 1068/1098 shine though is that they'll upconvert other sources to compontent...meaning that if you route your video though the receiver you won't have to switch inputs on the display. I've looked at the switching though my 1098 onto the projector and its not that noticable...and its far more convienient.

Comment

• mds
              • Sep 2004

I use component switching and upconversion from S-video through my RSX-1056 and have no noticable degradation of the picture. The only video source I contect directly to my TV is the DVI from my DVD player.
              It makes life alot easier.

Comment

• merlock
                • May 2004

Originally posted by mds
                I use component switching and upconversion from S-video through my RSX-1056 and have no noticable degradation of the picture. The only video source I contect directly to my TV is the DVI from my DVD player.
                It makes life alot easier.

Can someone tell me how to upconvert s-video to component on the RSX-1056. I went through all the menu options and read the manual and still can't figure out how to do it.

TIA

merlock

Comment

• Kevin D
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Oct 2002

Originally posted by merlock
                  Can someone tell me how to upconvert s-video to component on the RSX-1056. I went through all the menu options and read the manual and still can't figure out how to do it.

TIA

merlock

It's automatic. If it's connected via composite, s-video, or component, it will send it out component.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"