X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • springer49
    • Oct 2004

what am I doing wrong?

I have finally hooked up my Denon 2900 and so far am loving it. The picture quality is incredible and the sound is great on DVD-audio.Why can't I get a SACD disc to play. The blue light on the front panel lights up when a SACD is inserted but I get no sound. I have tried all video inputs on the rotel 1068, 2 channel etc. I have gone into setup on the Denon and everything seems to be in order (I think). Any help from the Denonites would be appreciated.
  • will1066
    • Aug 2003

Can you be a little more detailed? List the exact connections between your 2900 and 1068 and the settings in both. Are you using the Rotel 1068's multichannel input for DVD-Audio and SACD?

Comment

• springer49
      • Oct 2004

I have the dvd audio outs of the denon to the multi in of the rotel. the denon coaxial digital out to coax digital in of the rotel. The denon set up is as follows.
      1. audio channel.....multi
      2.super audio....multi
      3.dig out .....normal
      4.lpcm....on
      5. bass enhancer....on

Comment

• will1066
        • Aug 2003

Hmmm, everything looks okay. Right now, I can't think of anything that might be wrong.

Comment

• springer49
          • Oct 2004

will, how do you have your rotel set up for dvd audio concerning the inputs?
          I have the denon hooked up with digital coax to dig coax 3 on the rotel which corresponds to my video 3 input. I have tried the analog but get nothing there either.

Comment

• springer49
            • Oct 2004

OK, I am getting sound when I go to the EXT button on the rotel remote. The OSD says multi-bypass. This is obviously for the DVD-Audio, but why is the sound better on video 1 when I play a dvd-a disc?
            Last edited by springer49; 28 December 2004, 04:18 Tuesday.

Comment

• will1066
              • Aug 2003

Basically, DVD-Audio and SACD are transmitted through six normal RCA cables (front left, front right, center, rear left, rear right, subwoofer) connected between the Denon's output and the Rotel's multichannel (or "Multi") input. To listen to both DVD-Audio and SACD, you need to select Multi Input on the 1068's front panel or the Ext In button on the remote. It's not just for DVD-Audio. If you're playing a DVD-A disc and you select an input other than Multi Input, then, basically, you are not listening to "true" DVD-Audio, but rather audio that has been reprocessed by the 1068. You probably have Video 1 set to a surround mode, such as Dolby Pro Logic II, and the output level may be louder, which may be why you think it sounds better.

Comment

• springer49
                • Oct 2004

will1066, thanks so much for your help. I was going a little crazy there.
                Now I understand the differences. It all makes sense now (duh!)

Comment

• will1066
                  • Aug 2003

No problem. :T

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"