X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • onewildtico
    • Dec 2004

Velodyne Sub shuts down???

I was wondering if one of you experts could help me. I have a Sony STR-DA555ES receiver and a CHT-12 Velodyne sub-woofer. My problem is the sub will shut down for no explainable reason. The selector switch is on auto power but it is not shutting off because of no signal. The sub will be pumping pretty good just before it shuts down. On the back of the sub there is also a selector switch for Internal Cross Over (ICO) and Direct. When I have it selected to ICO it will shut down after about 1/2 hour. If I leave it at Direct it doesn't. I don't believe my receiver has an ICO built in. The Direct mode sounds OK, but shouldn't I be using the ICO if I have it? I am not sure if the problem lies with the receiver or the sub and the cost just to look at the items can be expensive. Does anyone have any thoughts on this.

I did some research regarding the crossover on my receiver. To me it is very complex. It sounds like I should be using the one in my sub and one feature with my Sony 5ES receiver is that it has adjustable bass crossover in 10Hz increments from 40Hz to 200Hz. Now here's the question that shows my ignorance - What level should I have each speaker in order to utilize the crossover in the sub without experiencing the problem I initially referred to.

Brian
  • wirepuller
    • Jan 2005

I have a CHT-10 and it does the same thing! I spoke with a tech at Velodyne and he informed me ,with what sounded like a straight face that they don't make defective products! I originally exchanged the sub for this exact problem. It rarely does it but I usually have to unplug the sub and wait a few minutes before starting it up again. If anyone else has experienced this or knows whats up please let us know.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"