X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bundi1098
    • Nov 2004

Basic User Finished my Upgrade

I want to first thank all the users of this Forum. Reading many of your posts and the answers to some of my questions helped me finish my upgrade.

First the equipment

Sony KP57WV700 TV 57" WideScreen rear projection
    Sony DVP-NC665P DVD Player 5 Disc Progressive Scan DVD
    Motorola DVR Great High Def DVR from Cox Cable
    Yamaha RX-V2500 Receiver
    Klipsch KSW12 Sub
    Infinity SM215 Front
    Infinity IL25C Center
    Bose 161 Side
    Bose 161 Back
    Optical connections from DVR and DVD player
    12 Gauge King Speaker Wire from PartsExpress.com
    Dayton Audio Banana Speaker Plugs in back of Receiver bare wire into speakers

Hear is what you guys helped me with (And thank you again)

Upgraded the wire and bought from PartsExpress.com. Found them from your site and read that King Wire was good quality for the costs. I must agree.

Bought the Banana clips to connect the wires to the Receiver due to tight quarters in my Entertainment Rack. Kept with the bare wires into the speakers because there was plenty of space and it was a suggestion on this site.

Bought the Yamaha RX-V2500 and as a basic user am very happy. The YAPO auto setup was easy to use and did a great job. I may tweak the settings a little bit but the sound for me is great.

Ended up buying the Bose for the back to match my sides. They are fine for what I need and are small. The bonus is they came in white so my wife is OK with them on the walls.

My experience with PartsExpress.com was awesome. Had one minor issue with shipping and it was dealt with very quickly, thank you Jennifera.

Once again I want to thank the people who set this site up and especially to those who contribute. You guys made my upgrade and some of my decisions much easier.

Thank you again,
    Michael Reed
    :T
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hello Michael,

That is the great thing about this forum. There are a ton of great people that are always willing to help... and spend your money! :B

Seriously, you put together a nice system. I hope you enjoy it.
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"