• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • javis
    • Jun 2004

This can't be right!

Hi Folks,
    Anyone with a NAD T762 out there?
    I recently acquired a warble tone disc containing frequency ranges from 10 HZ up to 200 HZ and together with my SPL meter; I attempted to get the set up right once and for all as the bass management was never really sounding right to my ears. Especially when listening to music.
    Setting all my speakers to small I established that my receiver is sending the specified signal out to the sub. The problem is that it is also sending a Full Range signal through to my mains at the same time. Setting the speakers to Large or Small makes no difference whatsoever.
    Took it back to the retailer, confirmed the fault and it is now in the hands of the Australian distributor’s service department. They say this is the first time anyone has presented them with an issue of this kind. In trying to determine the fault, they also said they tested three other units and found that they were also doing the same thing. They then read the manual for themselves and proceeded to tell me that this issue is perhaps suggested, albeit VERY, VERY vaguely. They agree with me that this is not logical since you have the option of setting your main speakers to small or large. So they are now waiting for instructions from NAD.
    I hope I have explained this issue properly.
    Has anyone else encountered the same?
  • taz13
    • Jun 2004

Nad T762

I have a T762 that I am selling for exactly the opposite reason. I dislike bass managment systems and they never seem to be flexible enough. User friendly, NAD manuals are not, as all statements and instructions in them are vague. And from the looks of mine, they do not want anyone to understand how their systems work. I love the sound the T762 but hate just about everything else about it. But I will try to see if mine responds the same way. Was it a digital input or analoge input.
    The day is not complete if something new is not learnt.
    Taz/Rick/Richard/Ricardo

Comment

• javis
      • Jun 2004

Digital or analogue input I beleive will make no difference to the end result.

taz13,
      If you can get on to this asap I would appreciate it as I am really very interested as to whether you will acheive the same result.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"