X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stevebez
    • Oct 2003

Remote Control

What is the best fixed button remote around ??

For those who like fixed button and have moved onto to touchscreen - which do you prefer ?

Rgds Steve.
  • Bent
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2003

I tried a touchscreen (pronto 1000, I think),

I now own two Home Theater Master MX-500's, I have no complaints at all, they can be set up as activity oriented, as well as device oriented and have terrific IR output to boot.

YMMV, but I don't prefer touchscreen remotes - but the people that like them most certainly do like them a lot.

Comment

• Stevebez
      • Oct 2003

Thanks sounds great ... does it cater for RF control as well?

Rgds
      Steve

Comment

• ajpoe
        • Jul 2004

I just got a Harmony H680 about a week ago and I love it. It can also be set up for activities and device controls. My friends love it too and want to know where they can get one. As far as RF, I don't know of any remotes that will learn RF if that's what you mean. X10 does have RF extenders so you can use IR remotes in another room or control components that are hidden from receiving IR signals. You might want to check something like that out.

AJ
        AJPoe - - Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Steve, I use a Theater Master MX-700 remote control, and really enjoy it. I love how I can customize it with my computer, but it still has hard buttons that I can use by feel in the dark without having to look at a touch screen or having to light up the remote. This is why I went with hard buttons instead of LCD.

If you're not aware, Theater Master has the same remote with RF capabilities too.
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• Foxman
            • Jan 2003

I have the Home Theater Master MX500 and it is tough to beet for the money.
            IMO

My Movies
            Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• JDH
              • Sep 2004

I've got the Pronto and MX-500, both are excellent as a mid to high priced remote.
              Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"