X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

New toys from Universal Remote Control

Oh, baby... lookie what stuff showed up from Universal Remote Control today!

I was able to place an advance order at CEDIA for some brand new products that just started shipping this week. This is URC's new flagship remote control, the MX-6000:

Complete capability lineup with RF, IR, touchscreen, scroll wheel, wi-fi, 2-way control, streaming metadata, RSS feeds, clock timing, etc.

An accompanying product design for the MX-6000 is the new PSX-1. It's an iPod dock, and might be the most robust one out there:

In addition to charging an iPod and outputting audio, it has IR control and connects to a network. Connected, it becomes a remote dock, to sync to any computer that's also on the network. URC brags that the average iPod has something like 15 possible controls, like play, pause, stop, forward, etc. Coupled with the MX-6000, you have something like 100 possible controls. You can remotely create and manage playlists, work the Genius function, etc, and the PSX-1 streams the metadata like the album cover, track info, artist name, etc, to be displayed on the MX-6000 as it plays. It also outputs HD video that may be stored on any iPod connected to it.

But there's another, separate part of the unit that's sweet as well. There's software included that allows the user to stream ANY music files that may be stored on any computer connected to the network!

The MX-6000 is perfectly suited for URC's new RF-controlled lighting as well. I'm really surprised how much I've been using and enjoying this capability. You can remotely switch and dim lighting circuits, using radio frequency instead of IR, so you don't have to have line-of-sight. Much more reliable, and the range is amazing, I've controlled it from the other corner of my house.

CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"