X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • javis
    • Jun 2004

DVD Player issue

Hi Folks,

I have a JVC DVD Player XV-N5SL which plays music CD's at a considerably lower volume than my CD Player. As I am into 2 Channel Stereo it has never been a real issue except for the fact that my wife is starting to build up a collection of music DVD's which we both enjoy.
    The unit is hooked up digitally and is fine for watching movies, however music DVD's are needed to be cranked up to the max and still no major impact. I have had the finger of blame pointed at the DVD player by an audio speciallist who has inspected my set up at home some time ago. He said it's to do with the output rating of the unit or something like that.
    As I am now ready to handball the player to the kids, I would appreciate a few suggestions as to which DVD players on the market are a great all-rounder for movies as well as music DVD's. Budget up to say AUS$1200.

Thanks
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Are any of these music DVD's DVD-A or SACD's? If so the Denon's are a very solid purchase for universal players. If you don't mind giving up SACD check out the Rotel's as they're exceptionally musical on CD play back for a DVD player.

Comment

• javis
      • Jun 2004

They are all DVD Video's.eg "Elton John" (Live at madison square Garden), "G3" Live in concert, "Pink Floyd" Pulse etc.
      I'll check out the Denons as I think it would be prudent to consider a unit that can also handle SACD.
      Thanks Andrew

Comment

• Uncle Clive
        Former Moderator
        • Jan 2002

If the DVD it hooked up digitally it could be possible that the receiver is not switching to STEREO or the DVD player is still in DD/DTS setting as audio out. Check to see if the DVD player switches to PCM automatically and also check your receivers' DSP mode. Switch it to "stereo". (If it has these features)
        CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"