X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ravilious
    • Jan 2014

Streaming music player - fast forward

Hello

I am new to streaming music and are currently auditioning a music fidelity clic 1 player. I have played music back from a variety of sources and while is sounds great I have one big issue. If I am playing a file/track off a memory stick or network while it is possible to pause playback it is not possible to shuttle fast forwards or backwards. So if on a long track I just want to hear a section 50 minutes in I have to play to that point in real time. Is this just a quirk of this particular player or a restriction of such devices generally? It's clearly possible on a computer with such software as windows media player.

Can anyone help

Thanks. Stephen
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

Most likely it's an issue with that specific player. Most let you fast forward, or even jump to a specific point in a track (touchscreen devices).

Comment

• ravilious
      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Kevin P
      Most likely it's an issue with that specific player. Most let you fast forward, or even jump to a specific point in a track (touchscreen devices).
      Kevin,

Thank you. Yes your right it is possible on most other streaming audio players. Unbelievable considering the price. Its being returned from demo today. I expect I will be back for some advice on a good model to get.

Thanks again

Stephen

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

I would think something is up... from the manual... it seems like it should've been able to do it.

-----------------------------------------
        Software Features and specifications
        UPnP Media Player Discovers and plays from UPnP Media Servers on the network
        Internet Radio "services"
        iPod dock, play audio and control iPod control and audio via USB
        Network - Ethernet 10/100 Base-T
        Network – WiFi Wireless-LAN - IEEE 802.11b/g
        Graphical User Interface Via QVGA TFT
        Show album art any format provided by iPod, jpg in mp3, jpg from selected media server
        Currently supported media server: Twonky
        Picture viewer/slide show
        Play from USB Play from USB mass storage device formatted as FAT16 or 32
        Stream700 firmware update Via Internet upgrade (HTTP server)
        Random playback (shuffle play)
        Repeat single, repeat all
        Fast forward, fast rewind Available for all Codecs, with sound
        Gapless playback
        Play lists
        Recently played list
        Favourites list
        Streaming audio source detection
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

• ravilious
          • Jan 2014

Thanks for that.

The situation is that I demoed this machine for four days and tried everything to make it happen. You might appreciate I am a classical buff so 30minute files/tracks are not uncommon, to shuttle forward and back is essential to me. Modesty forced me to think that I might be missing a trick so I phoned the uk music fidelity support line. The first guy couldn't tell me off the top of his head but tried to achieve it with the unit they had. He couldn't get it to work either, the line went dead for a long while while he consulted elsewhere. He then came back and told me "the software model did,nt allow it". I might add the terseness and arrogance displayed in the experience was breathtaking, it put me off buying from this company anyway.

The unit is pretty much packed up to ship back but I would love to know where in the manual I can find the section you quote.

Thanks again.

Comment

• PewterTA
            • Nov 2004

Do a CTRL + F to search for fast forward, it's under the Software Features and Specifications.

I'm guessing maybe with a firmware update that would be fixed that maybe the version of it, FF & FR didn't work or something along those lines.
            Digital Audio makes me Happy.
            -Dan

Comment

• ravilious
              • Jan 2014

Dan I appreciate your help. I,m going to return the unit but also write to them. Either their support staff or the manual are right. But they really couldn't be asked to take the time with me.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"