X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • duncanite
    • Sep 2004

DVI to HDMI Connection Issue

I connected my Samsung HD-841 to my 42" Sony LCD RPTV via a DVI-HDMI cable I bought from Pacific Cable. The problem is is that I'm getting "snow" on the screen using this connection, didn't have a problem before with component cables. Any guesses what the problem is? I'm guessing a bad cable or poor sheilding (is this applicable on a pure digial cable? ) but I don't have a good way to test it as I dont have any other DVI sources. Anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks for the help in advance. :T
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Actually, that sounds like HDCP problems. Is your TV HDCP compliant on HDMI?
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• duncanite
      • Sep 2004

I'm not sure, how do I check if it's HDCP compliant? The model is KDF-42WE655 and I couldn't find any information on the Sony website. Is there any way to get around this problem if it isn't HDCP compliant?

Comment

• DrJRapp
        Super Senior Member
        • Apr 2003

I have my HD841 connected to my Hitachi RPTV by a DVI-DVI cable from Pacific. No problemo with their cables.
        Jerry Rappaport

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"