X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gostan
    • May 2003

New Music To Audition

I am completely enamored with Joss Stone's second recording Mind Body & Soul. Joss has followed up on her initial Motown-type cover disc entitled The Soul Sessions with a more personal and original set of well-recorded songs which should be listened to by all.

Her voice is sounding even better for a still-teen angel and the production while somewhat over-produced, sounds superb. She will gracing our cd players for a long time to come.

A good on-line place to give the disc and each song a brief listen is the Apple Itunes Music Store.

Any more new music suggestions out there?? :T
    Stan
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I haven't heard anything else from the album, but Amy Lee (of Evanescence) and Seether have a new single out called Broken that sounds REALLY good! :T
    Last edited by David Meek; 01 October 2004, 19:21 Friday. Reason: spelling

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Yeah, I love Amy Lee's voice, so I went out to buy Broken. I couldn't find a single, so I bought Seether's album that has it on there. (in two versions, one with Amy Lee) Unless you're into "Death Metal", I wouldn't recommend the rest of the album. There's only another 1-2 songs that I think are decent beyond Broken. But that one song makes it worth it!
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Glen B
        Super Senior Member
        • Jul 2004

One of my favorite female artists is Marilyn Scott. Below is a link to her website.

Also check out "Dark Grooves, Mystical Rhythms" by James Hurt on the Blue Note label. I did a quick check before posting and did not find his CD listed at either CD Universe or Tower Records, but it is available at Amazon.com. Links also below.

The landscape is more than trees and views, it's what we say, it's what we do, it's what we are today.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"