X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Doug
    • Aug 2000

A Hero's Tribute of stirring heart and soul

The days since September 11 have yielded many emotions among not only American people, but much of the world. It was very comforting to see our Brothers and Sisters of the World unite in sympathy, in mourning, giving our Hero's that died in New York and Washington, a Hero's tribute.

Tonight, my emotions were stirred, Watching as many of Hollywood's stars united together in Total Tribute to America's Heros of September 11, and all those assisting tirelessly in the rescue and recovery efforts ever since.

I watched as Sylvester Stallone manned the phones. I watched as Patty Duke answered phones, as Goldie Hawn, Kurt Douglas, Jack Nicholson, and many stars I can't really think of their names at present. Tom Cruise spoke of heros, Maria Carrey sang so beautifully. Julia Roberts, a sincere and real performance from her heart, reminding you of her stirring emotion of Erin Brokovich.

I watched in total awe as Celine Dion sang God Bless America with so much heart, so much soul, so much compassion, as to make me yern for more. She's not even an American! But she loves our people. We were so much of her success, I guess she feels as if, one of our own. But then Canada as a whole, seems to have felt our pain. Celine, a very loving and compassionate lady, is no different.

Clint Eastwood, as one of the final speakers, stating the terrorists tried to put fear into 300 million Americans, but in reality, they created unity and oneness that this nation hasn't seen in a very long time and I quote, the created 300 million heros! We are strong, we are resolute, and it was almost as if he was saying, you made our day, and now your gonna pay. I almost expected Josey Wales to come out, guns blazing.

Willie Nelson united in song, with everyone at the end. Indeed, there was unity, selflessness, no one yearning for the spotlight. Only one common desire, and that was to help the people that are left, through gathering donations, to help the people. I am sure many of them opened their pocketbooks wide, to help all they could. Indeed, it was time to share their wealth, and help the people, with popularity that the people gave them. Time to give a little back.

God Bless America!

Doug
  • Trevor Schell
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

God Bless America.

I have heard that over 133 million has been raised from this Tribute.

Sure was a nice event for the Stars to put together.

Trevor
    My HomeTheater S.E.
    Sonically Enhanced
    C5
    Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

I think that 133 million figure was only for the East coast. The show was time delayed for the West coast.

I learned that Julia Roberts gave 2 million herself. Many of the other stars did the same, relative to their worth and earnings capacity I am sure.

Lex
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Yes, and I heard that Jim Carrey donated a million.It was indeed a grand showing of giving and compassion from all the stars that appeared.I'm sure there would have been even more stars if time and space had allowed. My wife said she felt the hair stand up on the back of her neck as Celine Dion sang God Bless America.Yes, Doug, Canada did feel the pain of its brothers and sisters.A border may divide us, but we are all true Americans.
        As an aside to this, my wife who uses her spare time to organize bingo bus trips, is into crafts and she made a cross with red, white and blue stars and gave hundreds away to fellow bingo players. They wanted to pay her but she wouldn't take money. This is something she just wanted to do. It's a way of dealing with pain. I know because we both sat wiping tears these past few days as we sat glued to the tv. Later next month, my wife is taking a bus tour to Maine and she has saved some of her crosses to give to her American friends in Bangor.
        I am eager to learn the amount of money raised world wide. I just know it's going to be a staggering sum, and it will be put to good use.
        GOD BLESS AMERICA

My Homepage!
        My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"