X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kingdaddy
    • Jan 2004

HDAD DVD’s what are they?

I found these at Acousticsounds, they claim they will play on any DVD player and are high rez 24/96 music only recordings, some are 192. I have never heard of these so I bought one just to try it out, should be hear after the weekend. Any ideas of what these are, I’m not sure my Halo C2 will even play back any 24/96 material, it may down convert, I’m not sure any processor will pass 24/96 via the digital inputs.

Can someone shed some light on this.

My Center Channel Project
  • glangston@socal
    • May 2004

Found

Classic Records is once again increasing their resolution of their music discs! Their new Hybrid Digital Audio Disc (HDAD) feature both 24-bit/96kHz and 24-bit/192kHz digital sampling rates. These two sided DVD-based discs have one side with DVD video formatted audio and contains 24-bit/96kHz and is playable on all DVD video players. The other side contains 24-bit/192kHz data and is playable on DVD-Audio players. Prices are $15 for single discs and $25 for double discs. A comparison package features a deluxe gatefold 2-LP set along with the new HDAD package for the ultimate digital versus analog shootout.

Comment

• Kingdaddy
      • Jan 2004

I still wonder what Processor will pass 24/96 thru the Digital connections, I have read that my Halo C2 wont.
      My Center Channel Project

Comment

• glangston@socal
        • May 2004

24 bit 96 or 192

My Rotel guide plainly states it's decoders lack the bandwidth (true or not, they don't do it) and that these discs must be decoded by the DVD player and sent via analog. It seems to be the agreement that this prohibits a simple means to copy the digital signal.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"