X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

"Fallen" by Evanescence

I just picked this one up last night to play in my new car. WOW! I'm very impressed. I had liked a few of the most popular songs that I had heard on the radio. But when I listened to the album in detail, I really like the entire structure. The lead singer's vocals are solid and powerful, the back music is strong, and the beat drives hard. There's some serious bass, like in the beginning of "Bring Me to Life", that doesn't come through on the radio. The music is very well orchestrated, not just entertaining. Great debut album, and the band shows a lot of potential.

CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • John Styrnol
    • Nov 2002

I also have this CD, but have not listened to it yet.
    John

My Home Theater
    My Home Page

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

FYI, here's a short thread we had going on this CD last year. My opinion hasn't changed at all - it's still one of the best blind-buy CDs I've ever brought home.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Burke Strickland
        • Sep 2001

While I don't have the CD, from listening to some sample cut MP3s on their web site, I can see (hear) why you like it. In addition to sounding really good via my computer speakers (Magnepan MG 3.6s), :>) the sample tracks are accompanied by some interesting kaleidoscope-like visuals. In addition to the sample tracks available for playback to anyone, if you do own the "Fallen" CD, they offer a free download of a bonus song, "My Immortal" from their official site. (Requires downloading of a program that checks your computer to verify the presence of a purchased copy of the "Fallen" CD in your CD-ROM drive.) Official Evanescence Site

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"