• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

New Evanescence CD/DVD

Released on Nov. 23, I think.

Unfortunately, this still isn't a brand new recorded album that we're all patiently waiting for. The majority of this release is live performance recordings from European concerts by Evanescence. There's also a bonus DVD with music videos, live videos, and bonus footage that's supposed to be pretty good.

On Amazon, this isn't getting very good reviews so far. People are disappointed that there's very little new material (I think there are a few new songs, but don't quote me) and Amy Lee changed her vocals on some of the live performances.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Oh drat! Chris, you had me going for a moment. I thought we had a wholly new album from Evanescence. Still, I'll have to pick this one up just so I can hear Ms. Lee.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Foxman
      • Jan 2003

That is dissapointing.
      IMO

My Movies
      Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• Gordon Moore
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Feb 2002

Their music may be quite different from the first since the band had it's split....you may want to listen at the CD booths first before plunking down your cash.
        Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

Comment

• Kemp
          • Nov 2003

They are also through Windup records and this is the same thing they did with Seether. Took their first album and re-released it with a different engineer and added a few new tracks. The DVD however was very poor quality.
          Marius

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

Well, the good news is, this CD isn't as bad as I was led to believe. I think it's pretty good, actually. It's pretty much a running recording of a live concert in Paris, so you hear the Frenchies in the back, chanting whatever the hell Frogs say.

Yes, vocals are a bit different in parts, but nothing gross, I think. Overall, I'd say that this is a good CD, and the only downside is that there is minimal new material here. Mostly just a version of what you've already heard.

I haven't checked out the DVD, yet.
            CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Listening to it on a bit better sound system today (I'm travelling with the military and away from home) the live performance sounds thinner than the studio recording, not the same solid bass. I'll have to wait until I get home to my reference system, but this disc is turning out so-so. Okay, I suppose, probably worth it for the $9.99 I paid for it on sale, but not more than that.
              CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

I'll upgrade my last input above, a bit. I've watched the whole DVD that comes with it, too. It has the live video of the entire CD performance in Paris. It's a good performance, and even has sound available in 5.1, which may be worth it to some. An exact duplicate of the CD performance, though (with the exception of the last CD song which is new material, studio recorded) so nothing different. It also has 4 music videos by Evanescence, and an hours worth of "bonus footage", mostly home video stuff of the band behind the stage, partying, and just hanging out.

There is some decent stuff on the DVD, and seeing the live performance did impress me with the talent of the band, and especially Amy Lee. She plays the piano herself for several songs, including morphing an into into "Bring Me to Life" which is very well done, technically.

I really like the slow, mostly acoustic song in the performance that's new, I think it's called "Breathe no More".

Not a bad CD/DVD package, especially if you can pick it up cheap like I did. We're still all waiting for the next album, though!
                CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Dec 2000

In the human interest little mini-section of today's Sunday paper there was a question about Evanescence's current activities. The response is that they're "working on a new album" (which we've been hearing for a while) that will have more control from Amy Lee this time. It also said, though, that Amy is writing and singing the lead song for the Chronicles of Narnia movie later this year. Interesting!
                  CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"