You Need Some Evanescence In Your Life? Say YES!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

You Need Some Evanescence In Your Life? Say YES!

Fallen by Evanescense.

Woweeeee! I purchased this disc on the basis of one song Bring Me To Life that I heard on the soundtrack of the movie DareDevil. It's turned out to be one of the sweetest blind-buys I've made in a long time. I LOVE THIS CD!!!!!! The playlist is:
    1. Going Under
      Bring Me To Life
      Everbody's Fool
      My Immortal
      Haunted
      Tourniquet
      Imaginary
      Taking Over Me
      Hello
      My Last Breath
      Whisper
    Evanescence is: Amy Lee - vocals, Ben Moody - guitars, Francesco DiCosmo - bass, Josh Freese - percussion

Amy Lee's voice is distinctive in tone and just "fits" for me. It's not gravelly, just different - clear with maybe a touch lower reach than most women - sorry, that's the best I can do. The accompanying music varies from good old-fashioned muscular rock to quiet ballad-like songs with symphonic and choral accompaniment. I has a good strong rythm line, good backing vocals and some nice guitar work. In other words, it's not your average rock 'n roll soundtrack music. It's GREAT music to put on, crank up and air-guitar/air-drum with - I got a couple of VERY amused looks from co-workers when they caught me. Be warned: if you put this CD on in the car, I'm NOT responsible for your speeding tickets!
    :naughty:

FYI, this is their major label debut. There are a couple of CD-R releases and one small label release Origin, which I'm going to try and find.

One further thought: I haven't listened to this on the home system, so I can't comment on it's ultimate fidelity. That'll come tonight, so more later. . . .

edited for content 04/03/2003

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin
  • SiliGoose
    • Aug 2000

It sounds nice on my home system.

I don't know if a single song has created anticipation for an album like we saw with Evanescence.
    I really like Bring Me To Life but the rest of the album is pretty good as well.

There's something about her photo on the cover isn't there? Spooky-sexy-cool...it kind of draws you in.

However, the new release by The White Stripes is occupying my time right now.

-Sili
    www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I lied. I couldn't wait 'til tonight so I ran home at lunch and threw it on the system. Instant gratification = good! :B Sound quality is, well like Sili said, it does sound good at home. It may not be the absolute in SQ, but it's not bad, not bad at all - especially when stacked up against some of today's releases.

Sili, in that picture, she reminds me of Willow (Allyson Hannigan) on the TV series Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Yep, spooky-sexy-cute.

David - HTGuide flunky
      Our "Theater"
      Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Danbry39
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Sep 2002

Yikes, once again I want to blind purchase a CD by someone I've never heard before.

As far as the Willow comparison, all I can say is look at her eyes. They look like they're staring right into your thoughts. Double yikes, she's reading my thoughts.

Keith
        Keith

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

I never heard her before but ya'll got me interested, too. Yeah, those eyes.

My Homepage!
          My Homepage!

Comment

• Pat
            Super Senior Member
            • Aug 2000

Yep, you guys made me do it...I was liking the song I heard on the radio, so I found it at Sam Goody (of all places) for $11.99.
            It hasn't been out of the car since...I'll have to bring it in sometime to listen on the home system.

Pat's Page
            Pat's Page

Comment

• JonMarsh
              Mad Max Moderator
              • Aug 2000

Almost bought this Sunday at Best Buy, vaguely remembering this post. Now I wish I had. Well, let's hope next weekend I still vaguely remember I was supposed to buy a CD....

~Jon

Earth First!
              M8ta
              Modula Neo DCC
              Modula MT XE
              Modula Xtreme
              Isiris
              Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
              Minerva Monitor
              Calliope
              Ardent D

In Development...
              Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
              Obi-Wan
              Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
              Modula PWB
              Calliope CC Supreme
              Natalie P Ultra
              Natalie P Supreme
              Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
              Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"