X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Nora Jones article

Saw this since my computer at my other office was still set to MSN after a reinstall. Anyway, looks like Nora is coming out with a new CD in March. I'd be lying if I didn't say I am a bit disappointed to hear her direction is said to be more country on this CD. Hell, even Dolly Parton was there. :roll:

I like Dolly ok, since she's done a lot for TN, as one of our own, but Nora didn't need changing like this. She sold 18 million copies of her first CD. I say you don't change a thing except for new stuff.

Yes, artists evolve. But please, not so quickly, let us enjoy the saultry tone of her first album at least for a while before changing beats.

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

I agree! It's not fair to tease us with that album hinting there could be more to come and then switch over to country...

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Maybe the Dixie Chicks will hop over to Nora's style of music, just to keep the universe in balance. :rofl:

David - HTGuide flunky
      Our "Theater"
      Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

I don't like country, so if that's true more than likely I won't be buying the album. I'll test it out somewhere that I can hear the music, and then decide whether it's worth buying or not. Won't be a blind purchase this time.

CHRIS
        Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Oh, and do I even need to mention that the day any of you see me buying a "Dixie Chicks" CD, you have my full permission, even REQUEST, to shoot me dead on the spot?

CHRIS
          Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

LOL... I agree, no offense to country fans but it just ain't my thang. There's some "Southern Rock" I enjoy but that's about as country as this boy gets. Don't worry Chris I'll be right there to put you out of your missery and I hope that you guys would do the same for me....lol That also goes for the un-original cookie, cutter, puppets for the music industry modern R&B/pop crap that's out there. R&B died in the 60's that stuff they're calling R&B now is garbage. If I ever buy any of it either ...see the above post.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
            Jason

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

I like some country from the Nelson, Kristofferson, Cash period. But I have always truly admired and loved the voice and the songs of Patsy Cline. On a Patsy Cline tribute cd I picked up recently, Norah Jones sings WHY CAN'T HE BE YOU, and it ain't country. So I guess it depends on what kind of stuff Norah chooses. I really doubt if it will be hardcore country. There are some good country songs that Norah could sink her teeth into -- think Hank Williams' COLD COLD HEART, something she has already done and done so well.

My Homepage!
              My Homepage!

Comment

• efarstad
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jun 2001

I just got back from Barne's and Noble and heard a Pre-release demo of two of the songs....at least those two songs did not "sound country" but were in the same flavor as her first release....I'd say just because Dolly and others are on the alblum, let's not say "she's turned country" until we can hear the whole thing...from what I heard, I'm buying her lastest!

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
                E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
                E-Cinema

Comment

• Lex
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Apr 2001

Hey, I'm from Tennessee, you know Nashville, the Country Music capital of the world? Well, I can't say all country is "bad". I've enjoyed some over the years, though I don't avidly listen. My point was, I don't really want to see Nora influenced further down the country road for now. I frankly think she's to good for that.

A couple of songs from her last album had country overtones. Not my favs. But maybe the Dolly thing and all will prove me wrong yet. I hope so.

E, good to hear some positive vibes.

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
                  Doug
                  "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"