X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Diana Krall, Elvis Costello to marry

Canadian jazz phenom Diana Krall and singer-songwriter Elvis Costello are engaged to be married, Krall's father has told the Victoria Times Colonist.

Jim Krall, a Nanaimo, B.C., accountant, said Thursday he doesn't know any details about when or where the wedding might take place but said he's happy about the plan, the newspaper reports.

Rumours of a romance between Krall, 38, and Costello, 48, spread after the duo was spotted dining together at a New York restaurant in January.

"It's a wonderful thing and it's special to me. I'm really happy," she said of the relationship earlier this year.

Costello came on the scene as a rocker in the late 70s with the album My Aim is True. Krall has had a series of popular albums and won a Grammy this year for best jazz vocal album for Live in Paris.

The Times Colonist said a source at Sam Feldman & Associates, the Vancouver company that manages Krall, confirmed the engagement but declined to provide details.

Back in November, Costello split from his wife, ex-Pogues singer Cait O'Riordan, after 16 years of marriage.

• George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Costello is obviously a leg man. :LOL:

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Is this Krall's first marriage? Well, I'm happy for her. Hope she doesn't miss a beat on her jazz though.

It could be time to have a family though, and pretty fast, so we might loose her talents for a year or two, sigh...

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"