X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bing Fung
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

Diana Krall Christmas Songs CD

I must admit, I have a weakness for Jazz Christmas music, and I definitely have a weakness for Diana Krall. So when my Lovely wife presented me with this CD, to say I was excited was an understatement :B

To begin with I absolutely love the cover art which shows Diana in a Sultry Jazz Pianist "Reclining Nude" but dressed pose. This totally works for me :drool:

OK, but it's not about the cover is it? The music is typical Christmas fair, and although done by many, holds a special must be played seasonal CD for me. In fact I like it so much I could see my self playing it in June. I mean why not, it has one of my favorite artists singing upbeat songs that are so well known.

We will be decorating the tree to this is year for sure

For this fan it was a nice addition considering it was a gift from my lovely wife :T

Song List

1. Jingle Bells
    2. Let It Snow
    3. The Christmas Song
    4. Winter Wonderland
    5. I'll Be Home For Christmas
    6. Christmas Time Is Here
    7. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
    8. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
    9. White Christmas
    10. What Are You Doing New Year's Eve
    11. Sleigh Ride
    12. Count Your Blessings Instead Of Sheep
    Bing
  • Foxman
    • Jan 2003

Good review Bing. I stumbled on this on release day and snapped it up as we try to add at least one Christmas CD every year to our collection for random play. Mrs. Krall naturally had to belong in the library. This is a fine cd although truely I have not done it justice as I have not completely listened to the whole disk yet.
    IMO

My Movies
    Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

I'm gonna buy it just for the cover. Man, Diana has such great legs. As for the pose... :agree:

As for the music, well I love anything she does.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Kevin P
        • Aug 2000

Cool... I'll have to grab a copy when I buy all new Christmas CDs this year... lost all my old ones in the fire... :roll:

Comment

• rdram
          • Mar 2005

I'm with George.

If you love Diana, check out the Live in Paris DVD...the bonus video of "Let's Face the Music and Dance"....wow!

Comment

• Bing Fung
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Aug 2000

Live in Paris is one of my Favorite Music DVDs. I seen Diana in Saskatoon, and she essentially played that same song set. However she did not have Jeff Hamilton and John Clayton with her.
            Bing

Comment

• Lex
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Apr 2001

Well, I guess I'll just have to add this. What cover art. wow.
              Doug
              "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• John Holmes
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Yes, I'm going to jump on this one too! Thanks Bing. :T
                "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• caleb
                  • Aug 2004

Hmmm - got the disc, and have to admit that apart from the cover I was just a bit dissapointed - IMHO jazz does not suit Christmas songs.

However, I have had the artwork blown up and it now sits and a lovely poster on my theatre wall.

Comment

• mtodde
                    • Jan 2005

I got this the other day and as much as I like the music I like the sonics even more. Doug Sax is a great engineer!

The cover...let me just say Elvis Costello is one lucky guy.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"