X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob
    • Jul 2000

These Cats are High

No I'm not talking about cat cables. I was at my favorite used record store in Santa Monica, CA and found a album by the Ink Spots from 1939 that was in pristine condition. When I was a kid this was one of my dads favorites, naturally I thought they were totally lame. Just for yucks I bought it ($1.89, who said vinyl was expensive).
    What a great album!!! I have to wonder just how many people in America had a clue to what they were talking about on their song, That Cat is High, recorded in March 1938:
    Man I'm as mellow as a honeydew
    ....yeeah

That cat is high
    Look at that look in his eye

I want the
    Home cooking mama
    with the frying pan
    .....Man, I know that cat's high

Besides the double entandres it is a great mellow album. I have listened to it three times in a row since cleaning it a couple of hours ago and can't wait to have some friends over to hear it.
    If you can find this one on a cd or vinyl give it a try.
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Well, Bob, that's probably the best music buy of the week, month, hell year.

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

I kinda liked some of the Ink Spots tunes. Just never got into buying their albums.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"