Cat Cables...here is how you do customer service!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

Cat Cables...here is how you do customer service!!

I know this probably should go into the Cat Cables section, but I thought this would get more exposure being here. Doug, feel free to move it if you want.

Prologue:
    About 3 weeks ago I ran into a problem where my center channel speaker fell off my shelf I had it on. It was my own stupidity for not getting the brackets up on the shelf so that it wouldn't fall. I angled the speaker down towards the listening area to help with dialog in movies. It's been this way for about a year and I hadn't noticed any movement in the speaker, so I just never put the brackets in to hold it.

Well 3 weeks ago I found my center channel laying on my floor... a nice scratch in the botton my my 56" Samsung DLP and my TV stand/component shelf system broken because of the force & weight of the speaker falling about 5 feet. I was sure that my center channel was ruined when I saw it, but luckily besides marks on the front of the center channel (from the bracing on the grill where the force of the fall imprinted them) and the grill stucture being broke, there wasn't a whole lot of damage. There was an issue with my CDP, but I think I resolved it and is working fine now.

Now to the real part of my story. What I noticed is that my brand new Cat Tails had been damaged. The banana plugs that went into the speaker were bent and completely ruined (all the metal pieces that make up the locking part where broken off just leaving the pin in the center that locks them). The wire itself was partially sliced in places where it was exposed right at the end (before the the banana plug) and also the wire was pulled out from the side on the amp. Initially I thought I had JUST (like less than a week ago) gotten these new cables, was so happy with them and now I got one ruined and will have to get another cable. I instantly started talking to Doug about what had happened and what its going to cost me to get this repaired. After working with him for a couple days through PMs we figured out exactly what I needed to do and that I could do it myself. So in the long run it ended up costing me about 1/4th of what I thought it would and I was able to do do the repairs myself and while the cable doesn't look perfect, it still sounds amazing! :T

So I have to give a BIG shout out to Doug and Cat Cables for their unbelievable customer support. I will definitely be buying more Cat Cables in the future and I HIGHLY recommend that if you haven't checked out Cat Cables, you should open up a new browser (or tab) and check them out! Plus it's helping keep this great forum running!

Doug, you definitely do a HECK OF A job with Cat Cables, keep up the amazing work (and quality) of the products you create! ;x(

-Dan
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Thank you Dan. It was a pleasure to be able to help you out of a bind. I've had stuff like this happen before, it's no fun at all, I know. Dan's been a good customer to CAT, we honor that relationship.

I'm glad we were able to get the cabling issues resolved for you to get you functioning again. To bad about sustained damage on the set. Someday, you'll likely replace that video display though and you can think back mostly without pain to these events. :-)

Doug
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• PewterTA
      • Nov 2004

That's right, I'm almost 100% positive the display will be changed before I get rid of these Cattails!!!

I really appreciate the effort and quickness that you were able to get the parts out to me and I could get the cable back into use.

I think the cable even sounds better now... ha ha ha ha. J/K!

Thanks again Doug!!

-Dan
      Digital Audio makes me Happy.
      -Dan

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"