X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

An Enigma?

I stumbled across a VERY good CD while shopping at BestBuy yesterday.

A really interesting song was playing and I asked what the artist and disc were. The group was Enigma and the disc was The Screen Behind The Mirror. I took a flyer on it and it was well worth it - what an excellent CD! It's VERY different - sort of a combination of Mike Oldfield, The Pat Metheny Group, The Alan Parsons Project and 'Til Tuesday if you can imagine that. A strong, complex rhythm line with excellent lead vocals, an almost operatic quality to much of the backing vocals, and good, full, flowing instrumentals.

I highly recommend that if you have the opportunity, go into a store and give it a listen. Track 3 (The Gravity Of Love) especially.
    8)

PS. According to CDNow (the old MusicBlvd site) Enigma has 4 other albums out - I'm going back to BB tomorrow.

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

I have all four Enigma CDs. They also have a "hits" compilation that came out recently. They're one of my favorite groups. My personal favorite is their 2nd album The Cross of Changes. You've probably heard the track "Return to Innocence".

If Heather's out at night and I want to crash to some wonderful 2-channel audio at home, The Cross Of Changes is the disc I usually toss in. The soundstage is impressive, and layer upon layer of sound.

Another interesting tidbit of info, if you saw the pic of my keyboard rig in the Gallery, Enigma used a Korg 01/W quite a bit on this album. I have one and can readily recognize the sounds.

KJP

P.S. Thanks for the idea. I'm gonna spin The Cross Of Changes in my tubicle system now. Great stuff!

Official Computer Geek and Techno-Wiz Guru of HTGuide - Visit Tower of Power
    My HT Site

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"