X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Fav sound track

Simple question what's your favorite movie sound track?

Mines got to be Last of the Mohicans.

• efarstad
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2001

That's a tough one, but I remember a while back my wife and I rented "The Red Violin" and it blew me away...perhaps I'll have to rent that again since all my gear has changed/gotten better since that day!

Here's some of the review off of Dvdfile.com regarding this movie...

As you can imagine, given that the movie is about a violin, music is a huge part of The Red Violin's soundtrack, violin music (big surprise) in particular. The Red Violin has a wonderful score, composed by John Corigliano, that's beautifully recorded and played a major role in drawing me into the film. Many violins are heard throughout the movie and the DTS soundtrack is the one that captures the voices of these beautiful instruments. It's a fuller, richer and more three dimensional rendition with greater resolution and texture. The DTS track really offers the illusion that these gorgeous violins are in the room with you! This is very important as the music and the actual sound if different violins are part of the film's narrative.

The surrounds are enveloping, although subtle. Nevertheless, you always feel you're in the acoustic space of what's on screen. The front soundstage images very precisely with directional dialog and sound effects, and images very wide, beyond the speaker positions, and deep.

Experienced as a whole, the soundtrack of The Red Violin is a powerful one that contributes much to the emotional context of the film.
    Hmmm, reading about this again I will sure rent it again tonight along with Harry Potter (wife and I haven't seen that yet)!

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
    E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
    E-Cinema

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Mine is Bladerunner - by Vangelis.

David - HTGuide flunky
      Our "Theater"
      Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

The Sound Of The Far Away Hills from SHANE, the greatest western ever made. The music captured the essence of not only the story, but of the breath-taking beauty of the landscape as well. Andrew's and David's choice are pretty darn good, too.

My Homepage!
        My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

This is the only soundtrack that I've ever purchased. It's nightclub jazzy numbers were to hard to pass up.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
          "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Matt Broeska
            • Nov 2000

conan the barbarian. basil poledouris at his best, imho.
            Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
            That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"