Whats your number 1 track to make your 800 series sing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nick.h
    • Jan 2006

Whats your number 1 track to make your 800 series sing?

So you got a part of B&W 800 series do you?

Well whats your number 1 track to make them sing?

Mine at the moment is:

Artist: Diana Krall
    Album: Live In Paris
    Track: 01 - I Love Being Here With You

Its got everything highs lows and gives you the ability to really push the speakers.
  • chinets
    • Jun 2005

Yup, Diane Krall is a good one and don't forget "FEIST" ,and Brothers In Arms In DVD-A or SACD. Yoshimi battles the pink robots will get them singing from each speaker if you are a Multichannel SACD or DVD-A fan.
    You picked a good track amigo, but the ones I refer to above, have ALL excellent tracks ,that would make any B&W 800 shine in all it's GLORY !!
    Nick.h, I believe this thread will be moved to the hide out site of this forum, if I am not mistaken.
    I hope that I helped a bit before this is all moved to another section.
    Have a nice day,
    Cheers

Comment

• nick.h
      • Jan 2006

C'mon people, step up!

Comment

• Tommy
        • Dec 2006

I also love Diana Krall. Live in Paris is wonderful. Thinking of getting "The look of love SACD/CD hybrid"

Comment

• gross30
          • Jun 2005

The one that I have been listening to lately and keep coming back to is "Steely Dan", "Do It Again". Great track, and the recording quality is excellant !!

Comment

• Alex999
            • Jun 2006

I'd listen to Anjani's Blue Alert (produced by Leonard Cohen). Guys, this girl's voice is just amazing. I'm asking all of you to go and purchase this CD.

Alex

Comment

• sikoniko
              Super Senior Member
              • Aug 2003

how do you choose just one?

can i have a couple genre's?

star wars -episode iv cantina music. not sure real title, but sounds great!

santana - black magic woman

janes addiction - 3 days (WOW)

banyan - little known group that deserves high audiophile praise
              I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• CJM
                • Feb 2007

Natalie MacMaster "David's Jig"
                As the name implies, its an Irish jig instrumental, and man can she make that fiddle scream. This tune rocks! One of my good friends is a professional musician, and he said he could hear the rosin squeak over the strings as she played - very cool. Check out i-tunes.

Comment

• KRC
                  • Aug 2004

I do not have the funds to join the "800 crowd" but my 703's sure do sing a sweet tune. Like the following:

1. Cassandra Wilson - Belly of the Sun (Blue Note Records) - the whole CD but in particular track 10, "Drunk as Cooter Brown"
                  2. Ray Sings - Basie Swings (Ray Charles) (Concord Records) - track 12, "Georgia On My Mind"
                  3. Holly Cole Trio - Don't Smoke in Bed (Alert Music) - track 1 ("I Can See Clearly Now")
                  4. DVD, "Flyboys", saw it last night, awesome movie, but in particular the air fighting scenes with the biplanes where you can here the ratty sounding engines, wind going through the wires of the plane and the best part is the metallic clinking sound of the machine gun cocking handle.

these are just a few off the top of my head, I could go on for ever, excellent topic to run with!

Kevin

Comment

• Bluespower
                    • Sep 2005

I'll give you one that will make your jaw drop (My dealer even went out an bought a copy after I played it for him to show off the 803Ds in his showroom).

The band is called Flim & The BBs and the album you want to get is called Tricycle. Play the third track Lunch Hour Wedding March and be prepared to be amazed. The whole album is excellent but track three is a standout.

A couple of other suggestions might be:

Donald Fagen - The Nightfly - I.G.Y.
                    Steely Dan - Aja - Josie
                    Diana Krall - All for You - Gee Baby, Ain't I Good to You
                    Bluespower

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"